• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Travel time between OCS and API?

GFTC

pilot
Hi all. I should be hearing about my final select this week for SNA. I was just wondering how much travel time is authorized between OCS and API? Thanks.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
You'll have a report no later then on your orders which will be a few weeks away but in reality you'll have about 4 or 5 days to get from Newport to Pensacola. After that you'll start getting days of leave taken away and you'll still have to check in by your NLT date. After that, you won't start API for a while depending on IFS and other things.

GFTC

pilot
Thanks for the info, but could you clear something up for me? If I've got 4-5 days for travel, but my NLT show time is a few weeks after OCS grad, what happens in P'cola between the end of my travel time and my NLT date? Thanks.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Depends on when you check in... If you check in after your travel time is up, the extra days are charged as leave. If you check in the day your travel time is up, no leave, and you're attached to API, and the days between when you check in and your NLT date become regular work days.

badger16

None
Can anyone verify the API Quarterdeck's phone number. I searched it on google but the site was from 2004 and I couldn't find anything else. I assume it is not opsec to post it, but if it is could you just shoot me a PM? Thanks in advance.

Anyone know the real gouge about single SNA'S and SNFO'S being forced to live in the BOQ and giving up their BAH? When does that start? Any way to get out of it? Cheers.

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
Can anyone verify the API Quarterdeck's phone number. I searched it on google but the site was from 2004 and I couldn't find anything else. I assume it is not opsec to post it, but if it is could you just shoot me a PM? Thanks in advance.

Anyone know the real gouge about single SNA'S and SNFO'S being forced to live in the BOQ and giving up their BAH? When does that start? Any way to get out of it? Cheers.
I'll be nice and not give you hell for not searching since you're in hell... I mean Newport.
Should be in this thread.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Candio, ah those were the days. Good luck badger! Keep on charging. Now, as a non-prior, I am only allowed time to move from newport to virginia. All fine except my stuff is in california and needs to be moved. Needless to say, im gonna possibly just get by with my leave without going into the hole when I check into the TPU.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Badger, did you get your orders yet?? I heard 10 didn't get their aviation orders until right before they graduated. Hopefully we get ours sometime this week, that would be nice. I'm curious about my API start date since I'm not going through IFS.

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
You won't find out your class-up date till you're in Pensacola, but it'll be fast. Two weeks to the day after graduation, I was in my day 0 briefings and I don't think that has changed much.
Also, I didn't get my orders till my chief handed them to me as the graduation ceremony was about to start, so if you didn't get them yet, have patience.

pecks333

i am in that same predicament, i graduate in 3 weeks. I will be outta Newport! did you get to use your leave days to go home and get your stuff. I came up here without a POV and all my stuff is in Texas

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
No, I didn't need to take leave. I didn't bring much to Pensacola since I was only TAD there and was going to Corpus for primary. So I drove from RI to NJ to P'cola in 3 days and checked in Tuesday morning. I had to rush due to some things I needed to take care of in Pensacola but you can easily fly from RI to TX and then drive to FL in 5 days.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
How does it work for priors who are technically TAD to OCS? My duty station is in San Diego. I am married, so I should have the travel time to go back to San Diego from Newport, get my family and drive to Pensacola. At least that is what my command is telling me here. Thoughts?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
How does it work for priors who are technically TAD to OCS? My duty station is in San Diego. I am married, so I should have the travel time to go back to San Diego from Newport, get my family and drive to Pensacola. At least that is what my command is telling me here. Thoughts?
You are correct.