• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Travel Pay & Allowances Q

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Search of both AW and the Interweb turned up nada...

Here's my situation and question:

I'm currently on a time crunch PCS... less than 1 week between getting my orders and having to beat feet out of P-Cola. I requested an advance on some of my travel pay... paperwork submitted this past Weds...

So my question is about how long does it take to process and get the money deposited into my account? I beat feet out of P-Cola on Weds.... and my wife and I need that money due to the move being on such short notice.

Thanks,
Bubba

*See some of y'all out in Whidbey in a couple weeks...

panzerfinder15

May be awile

For the guys that I knew that requested advance pay, it posted to their accounts three weeks after the paperwork was submitted. It really all depends on how good your local PSD is and when they submitted it. If they submit the paperwork and it clears at least 10 days before the next pay cycle, you may get it then. Then again, Advance pay can be made as a special payment so they might try to post it to your account as soon as the paperwork is cleared, but I wouldn't count on it being faster than a week. As for my case, I didn't request advanced and now I'm in P-cola, where 100 other Ensigns reported, and they told me it could be 2-3 pay CYCLES before I get my pay. So bottom line, you should get it soon, but don't count on it...with that said it may be a good idea to request a raise in your credit limit.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Panzer,

I wasn't talking about a pay advance. I was talking about the part of your travel pay that you can get before you move. I got it when I PCSed to P-Cola, and it was pretty fast, but I can't remember exactly how long it took to get into my account.

Thanks for the answer tho.

trvsmrtn

pilot
It can show up pretty quick. I left Pensacola 3 weeks ago. Submitted all the paperwork on a Tuesday and got the travel advance by Friday. You won't get the money until within 10 days of your transfer date, but if you're within that timeframe already, should only take 2 or 3 days to show up.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Hope this isn't a threadjack, but it's related to the travel pay question: I submitted a after the fact DITY move package. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes to get that money after the travel folks receive the paperwork?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hope this isn't a threadjack, but it's related to the travel pay question: I submitted a after the fact DITY move package. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it takes to get that money after the travel folks receive the paperwork?

Just join "The Tonight Show" in Flashchat with MB. He just got his DITY bucks and can help out with his experience(s).