• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transferring back to the Corps from Army

Niteban64

Hi everyone,

I know, and have read quite a few of them, there are numerous posts about intersevice transfers and the like. After reading them I thought I should post this because I don't really match any of the other circumstances I've read.

So here we go. I served a bit over 6 yrs active in the Corps before transferring to the Army Warrant flight program. Why I did so was at the time I wore glasses and Dept. of Navy said no way and Army said sure you can fly with us.
Currently a AH64D Instructor Pilot assigned to teach flight school at Rucker.
I've got a total TIS of 14.5 yrs and am currently a CW3. I have another year of an ADSO for taking the promotion but everything takes time to get rolling.
2,300 hrs right now of rotary wing time, 2100 AH64D and 1490 of combat time.
I'm 32 yrs with a birthmonth of Sept.

I'm not looking to fly fixed wing though...perfectly happy buzzing along at tree top level vs. left hand turns at umpteen thousand feet...no offense intended at all there.

There is no shortage of people I would kneecap in order to get into a Zulu model Cobra and back into the Corps.

Oh....and I'm around 7 classes short of Bachelors...deployments don't help get classes done..lol

I'm realistic enough to know that this is a long shot at best but I've grown weary of the Army and more than ready to come home.

Marty

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I think that ship has sailed... You would have to finish your degree first, then put in the 6 months at TBS, then apply for an age waiver. Not to mention the USMC is downsizing heavily right now, AND I'm not sure if you would have to cycle through flight school again since we pop out the other side with an instrument rating.

I gotta ask though, why do you want get out of the Army? I've always assumed the CWO over there had it pretty good with all that flight time.

Renegade One

None
What Pepe said. "Edumicate" us on the "down side" of what, to outside observers at least, seems to be a pretty sweet gig that has served you well. Inquiring minds want to know... I know, I know: "Once a Marine..." but there must be more to the story.

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Chief,
I'm sure you are in the know, but if USMC flight doesn't work out, Naval test pilot school is an option for warrants. I have some data on it if you'd like. Regardless, gotta get the degree knocked out (Embry?) to do that school but in the end it would get you intimate with the Navy/USMC again. Just a thought but WOs don't seem to have gotten the memo on the XTP thing.