• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transfer to NUPOC

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Don't know anyone specifically, but for Nuke/NUPOC, the Navy'll pretty much make it happen if you want it

pmasters

Seriously they're hurting for Nukes. You'd (probably) have to go through another application and definitely the interview process, but I'm absolutely sure thats possible. Of course, the recruiter would know far better than I.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
The tricky part is the money. NUPOC guys get paid the day they interview in DC and the four star says "congratulations."

If you're already accepted into BDCP and drawing pay, it doesn't seem right that you'll get paid while you screen for the interview, go on the VIP trip, get selected to interview, etc.

I don't know for sure, I'm just thinking out-loud.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
The tricky part is the money. NUPOC guys get paid the day they interview in DC and the four star says "congratulations."

If you're already accepted into BDCP and drawing pay, it doesn't seem right that you'll get paid while you screen for the interview, go on the VIP trip, get selected to interview, etc.

I don't know for sure, I'm just thinking out-loud.

How does this not seem fair? If he doesn't get selected NUPOC he will just have to stay BDCP, but the Navy really needs Nukes so more power to this guy if he wants to sell his soul and become a nuke.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
How does this not seem fair? If he doesn't get selected NUPOC he will just have to stay BDCP, but the Navy really needs Nukes so more power to this guy if he wants to sell his soul and become a nuke.

Compared to a civilian who is applying, that guy doesn't get paid until he is selected at the NR interview. That's all I'm saying...alot different than just changing BDCP designators.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
Has anyone heard of someone being selected for BDCP then transferring to NUPOC once qualified?

Not NUPOC specifically, but I was accepted to BDCP for NFO and then later switched to pilot. So switching is possible if that's your question...

El Duke

I would not mind going Nuke. I am going to be applying to BDCP to the IW, Intel, and I haven't decided on the third community option. My main thing is that I would like to be mainly on Subs. I know with IW or Intel I would definitely have that shot but can you always be assigned to a sub?

I am a civilian so I am 100% sure our the billeting or ship assignments work.

I have always wanted to be apart of the Submariner community. They hold the greatest fascination to me and would be honored to serve on them with other Submariners. A little sappy but the truth.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I have always wanted to be apart of the Submariner community. They hold the greatest fascination to me and would be honored to serve on them with other Submariners. A little sappy but the truth.
So then apply to the NUPOC program and become a sub officer. Simple as that.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Dude, the Navy loves NUPOCs. You will get a big bonus just for signing up and E-5 pay. If you want subs, there's no reason not to go that route.

S8G2F18

Well, I can only tell you that there are going to be many times when you hate your job, you're going to learn and do some pretty cool stuff and you'll definitely end up on a boat (sub) if that's what you want. The Sub community is about as close as it gets and as far as the nuke side goes the caliber of people you're going to work with is much higher.

Check out the nukeworker.com forum for more info.