• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transfer Credits & GPA

Chippewa19

Puts the cart before the horse
I searched and couldn't really find a good answer to this;

I attended a large state university for two years and left for personal and financial reasons, transferring to a small regional university for a semester and then local community college for the past year. I have recently transferred to a second state university and will be attending this fall.

Only some (12-15) of my credits from the previously attended schools will be credited towards my degree at my current school, and my combined "lifetime total" GPA is less than stellar.

When I meet with an OSO/OR to discuss applying for SNA, will I be using my current university transcript and GPA (which shows the credits earned elsewhere that they accepted), or will I be asked to submit transcripts from "all institutions attended" and then my "lifetime total GPA" tabulated from that?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I searched and couldn't really find a good answer to this;

I attended a large state university for two years and left for personal and financial reasons, transferring to a small regional university for a semester and then local community college for the past year. I have recently transferred to a second state university and will be attending this fall.

Only some (12-15) of my credits from the previously attended schools will be credited towards my degree at my current school, and my combined "lifetime total" GPA is less than stellar.

When I meet with an OSO/OR to discuss applying for SNA, will I be using my current university transcript and GPA (which shows the credits earned elsewhere that they accepted), or will I be asked to submit transcripts from "all institutions attended" and then my "lifetime total GPA" tabulated from that?

All colleges and all credits count towards your GPA.

KeroK

Expanding on the OP's question, I'd greatly appreciate insight on the following GPA-related queries -- I didn't find answers specifically addressing them in other threads:

1. Do the processors classify postbaccalaureate credits as undergrad or grad (or neither)? The administering university told me classification and acceptance of these credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution.

2. Does the board generally regard a candidate who graduated with a good undergrad GPA more highly than someone who raised a lackluster undergrad GPA to good standing after graduation by taking additional standalone courses at various colleges?

3. I recently saw some posts on AW regarding a candidate whose package was rejected during processing because his undergrad and grad GPA's were assessed separately, not cumulatively. His undergrad GPA was below the stated minimum, but his strong grad GPA would have pulled it up to standard. One forum member noted that the PA specifies a min. cumulative undergrad GPA, and that this may have been why he didn't qualify. Was this incident an administrative error, or has the policy of combining all college credits changed recently? (I'd link to the thread, but haven't been able to find the posts again.)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Expanding on the OP's question, I'd greatly appreciate insight on the following GPA-related queries -- I didn't find answers specifically addressing them in other threads:

1. Do the processors classify postbaccalaureate credits as undergrad or grad (or neither)? The administering university told me classification and acceptance of these credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution.

2. Does the board generally regard a candidate who graduated with a good undergrad GPA more highly than someone who raised a lackluster undergrad GPA to good standing after graduation by taking additional standalone courses at various colleges?

3. I recently saw some posts on AW regarding a candidate whose package was rejected during processing because his undergrad and grad GPA's were assessed separately, not cumulatively. His undergrad GPA was below the stated minimum, but his strong grad GPA would have pulled it up to standard. One forum member noted that the PA specifies a min. cumulative undergrad GPA, and that this may have been why he didn't qualify. Was this incident an administrative error, or has the policy of combining all college credits changed recently? (I'd link to the thread, but haven't been able to find the posts again.)

Lots of questions you can ask your OR. That’s what their job is.

FormerRecruitingGuru

My OR tends to give answers he later contradicts or changes. I don’t trust his information, which is why I am asking here.

If you’re not trusting of your OR, ask for another. Or, it’s a possibility your OR is new or never dealt with a question. You can still politely ask him to look it up and/or ask the officer processor. There will be times where you will have shitty leadership and AWs won’t be around to bail out.

KeroK

If you’re not trusting of your OR, ask for another. Or, it’s a possibility your OR is new or never dealt with a question. You can still politely ask him to look it up and/or ask the officer processor. There will be times where you will have shitty leadership and AWs won’t be around to bail out.
Thanks, RUFiO. I've been politely asking him to look into a few things over the last couple of months. The end result has been misinformation and/or negligence on several matters, the latest being a failure to notify me of a MEPS-issued request until three weeks after he received it. It's a good thing I started the process way before the submission deadline.

Owing to my profession, I'm very wary of internal politics, particularly in organizations I am not familiar with. This is why I've been cautious about requesting a new recruiter. Could it possibly create "bad blood" that negatively impacts how my package is handled/processed from there on out? (Not that it's being handled all that well right now.)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The civilian processors can be extremely useful. Most have done the job longer than any recruiter. Most also know to stay in their lane and not step on a recruiters toes. If, however, you are diplomatic about how you go about it, and don't bring him into any disagreement over conflicting info, you can ask the processor. Suggested technique..wait until your OR is out of the office. Then the processor will be more likely to help since the OR isn't around.

KeroK

The civilian processors can be extremely useful. Most have done the job longer than any recruiter. Most also know to stay in their lane and not step on a recruiters toes. If, however, you are diplomatic about how you go about it, and don't bring him into any disagreement over conflicting info, you can ask the processor. Suggested technique..wait until your OR is out of the office. Then the processor will be more likely to help since the OR isn't around.
That's very helpful, thank you. I'll make some innocent inquiries to figure out their schedules.