• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

training for the 1.5 run

Crowbar

None
It depends on what your body can handle. Some people run twice a day regularly without any problems, but most people will over time start to develop injuries. Just try it out and see what works.

Unless you're trying to break six minutes, running twice a day really shouldn't be necessary for a PRT.

I know plenty of dudes who passed their PFAs without ever running.

They do water polo, crew, TKD(team/club sparring), Thai boxing, etc. And they all never run until about 2 weeks before the PFA.

And they pass the run fine...esp the water polo kid, who's a friggin scorcher.

Basically anything that motivates you to get your ass off the couch and moving should be good.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spin said:
I'm a Marine and 3 miles isn't that bad as long as you don't just get up one morning after not running for 6 months and go run 3 miles.

Let's hear it for the six mile a year club

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Crowbar said:
Change it up.

Spin said:
Training for longer distance will ALWAYS make a shorter distance easier.

GREAT advice here!!

Only way you're gonna get faster is by putting in the miles. Run run run

I'm an avid runner and actually enjoy running (unlike nasty Squeeze) and the one thing I've found is that spending the money on good running shoes AND insoles will be worth it in the long run, ESPECIALLY if you run on a hard surface all the time like I do.

zuggerat

tbat15 said:
You want to know how to train for a 1.5 mile run. Are you serious? Put one foot in front of the other and suck it the f*** up.

i like yours the best... rep points for u