• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tour of NAS Jax

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpikula

John, just wanted to say thanks for the "field trip" on Friday. I'm sure that Paul and Ashley will agree that it was both informative and inspiring to see what really goes on at a base and in the squadrons. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about the start of OCS, but after sitting in the cockpit of the P-3 & then watching those two F-18's roar overhead I am more excitd than ever. Oh yeah, thanks for the patches/stickers and for letting us drill you with questions. Really appreciate it! Thanks, Brad.

unfUSN

I concur 100% w/ Brad... I had a great time! Thanks once again.

I'll try and remember to keep the thought of P-3 "Per Diem" when I make my selections in the near future.

ATP

Musiqlover

I have already sent John a letter of thanks, but I agree with you all! I REALLY enjoyed it, and it was a great way to not only provide some really useful information, but also an awesome way to psyche me up for flight training!!!! Thanks alot John!

Sincerely,

Paul

PM

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Brad, Ashley, and Paul,

Glad you all enjoyed the tour, and I was able to answer some of your questions about the upcoming training you are about to undergo. Wish I could have done more, and that there would have been a T34 present on a cross country or something, but we did manage to get a lot covered. Also glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour of the P3. In the end, happy I could help you guys out, best of luck in training.

Nathan

John,
Are you stationed at NAS Jax. I live on St. Simons Island, Ga. (45min North of Jax) and I wonderd if you could give me directions there. I just wanted to look around and see everything. I have a military ID (Prior Service) so I shouldn't have a problem getting on base. Just reply if you find time. Thanks.

Nathan T. Williams

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
John,
You didn't throw out that P-3 "per diem" bullshit again, did you? Did you mention the $35,000 jet bonus? Probably not. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Frumby,

In the process of showing the guys one of the line birds, there was one of my instructors giving a tour of the same plane to a ground school class just starting out. He asked what I was up to, and told him I was giving a tour of the P3 to three guys about to enter OCS and continue on into aviation training. He exclaimed "What are you showing these guys this beat up bird for?!?! You trying to scare them away? Tell them about our per diem check instead, and that we stay in hotels or BOQs at night!", lol. But seriously, we ran into a number of other students and instructors that gave the guys a good heads up about stuff and helped to answer questions.

As for the bonus, that is a long, long, long way down the pipe, the per diem is here and now.

Nathan, take I95 South, take I295 in Jacksonville, and get off on US17, go South, and on your left hand side will be Yorktown Drive, the main gate, with an F18 "Blue Angels" sitting on static museum display out front.

Gotta go, another tactical flight today, primary mission, make the NFOs puke in back...

Musiqlover

quote:
John,
You didn't throw out that P-3 "per diem" bullshit again, did you? Did you mention the $35,000 jet bonus? Probably not. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Frumby,

Could you please compare the pros/cons of going jet rather then P3? Besides the obvious things like of course being able to fly much faster and being more agile, how else is it better?

Sincerely,
Paul Mooney

PM

unfUSN

"Gotta go, another tactical flight today, primary mission, make the NFOs puke in back... "

John... Easy with the NFO cracks!!! I hear enough of that jazz from Frumby.

ATP

Status
Not open for further replies.