• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tough PRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsavy10

My recruiter was extremely strict on the rules of the PRT. To make matters worse, he only allowed me 1 minute of rest between excercices! Needless to say, after 88 sit-ups and 76 push-ups I was a bit winded. My run really suffered, but I made it under the 12:00 mark by 8 seconds. Has anyone else had this problem?

ghost_ttu

you might check the PRT standards to see what the official rest periods are and see what they say. I'll try to look today. I was given 5 minutes between the pu and the run.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

tali264

nope, sorry to say that my recruiter is pretty easy when it comes to PRT rules and rest times.... I think you just got stuck with a strict guy. But look at it this way.... when it comes to OCS you will be better prepared. That's all I can offer
icon_smile.gif

Gator

OPNVAINST 6110.1D is the directive that on the Navy PRT. I went through it a few minutes ago and did not find any information in regards to your situation. I could have overlooked it so you might want to double check for yourself.
The website listed below has all the information that you will need. There is one section on there for FAQ, but it is currently being updated so I was not able to look at it.
I hope this is helpful.

http://www.mwr.navy.mil/mwrprgms/physred.htm

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think you're supposed to get 2 min rest between pu/su and then a 5 min rest before the run. I'll see if I can find that officially documented somewhere.

DairyCreamer

According to OPNAVINST 6110.1G (Physical Readiness Test, 10/02):

4. Event Sequence

a. PRT events shall be completed on the same day, in the following sequence: warm-up, sit-reach, curl-ups, push-ups, cardiovascular event (run/walk or swim), and cool-down.

b. Events shall be performed allowing at least 2 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes between events.

So... sounds like you kinda got the shaft gsavy. :(

~Nate

Kycntryboy

pilot
Looks like he got the shaft about a year and a half ago, talk about reawaking a dead thread. geese.

DairyCreamer

Wow, you're right! I just saw the last couple replies and the body of the first message... figured it was recent, oh well, the quote above's still accurate ;)

~Nate

Kycntryboy said:
Looks like he got the shaft about a year and a half ago, talk about reawaking a dead thread. geese.

Status
Not open for further replies.