• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Torn shoulder, headed for 1st increment

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Falker said:
I'd just suck it up and go 2nd Increment, it seems bad now but a life long career in the Marine Corps. as an Officer is more important in your life than a wedding, have a party with your sister when you get back, talk to your counselors about missing the first part of school, etc.

I disagree, its not like its some casual friend's wedding or even a good friends wedding, its his sister's, which is probably a big deal for his family. Especially if the shoulder may not be 100% by second increment, what is the point of pushing it, missing your sister's wedding, and possibly getting NPQ'd anyway? keep up your cardio and if the prognosis for your shoulder is that it will be ok for first increment than go and get your pullups back up to speed at OCS. If it won't be good for 1st increment, than go to combined next year, which is a better route anyway in my opinion. You'll miss plenty of family stuff once your on active duty, don't miss important ones now if you don't have to.

MNU-OCS

Well the good news is that am going to go to 1st increment. Although i now would prefer to go to PLC-C but it all leads to the same thing so i guess its alright. If was to go combined then i would have to be disenrolled from the program because of something to do with the fiscal year. Then i would have to apply again, and the chances of selection are slim to none if they see that i didnt go to 2nd increment because of a wedding. I mean my sisters wedding means a lot to me and if i had my choice i would train an extra year and go combined. But if it means that i miss my chance at becoming a Marine officer then i would have no choice. The good news is that i dont have to worry about it, i am going to 1st increment. Guys i really do appreciate all the advice it really means a lot to me. Thanks.

MNU-OCS

BTW- if i would have had to go to 2nd inc. then i would have miss the wedding. 1st inc doesnt effect it.