• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Took V3 this morning

Scruff

None
Contributor
After about a month of studying I pulled off a 6/7/6 53. I'm pretty disappointed with my scores, but they'll do for now.

The math destroyed me being that I ran out of time and had to guess on about 5 or 6.
Reading: who knows. Some were fairly easy while others I had me completely baffled.
Mechanical: Very easy, I don't think i missed a single one. I think it really saved my ars on my overall OAR.

Spacial: Just like everybody says: Harder than the ARCO for sure.
Aero: Very easy and not near as complex as i thought it would have been. I think i guessed on 1. I don't see where the 7 came from. I thought I did better.
Supp: I had all Aero, but the questions seemed harder.

Just want to say thanks to all those who helped me out over this past month. AW was a huge help. Thanks guys

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Those aren't bad scores at all. Was this your first take? If you do want to take it again, I recommend the Barron's book (which I'm sure other people have probably already said).

Scruff

None
Contributor
It was my second time. I took just the oar portion about 3 years ago without studying. I scored a 46. So this time it was a pretty large increase, but I still would have liked a 55 or higher.

Rev

pilot
I'm in a similar boat myself, scoring a 6/6/6 55 recently. I didn't study as much as I should of but I plan on retaking if my first application is rejected.

I'll definitely second the great information here. I would've performed much worse had it not been for this site. The math was probably my hardest section as well and I found the only way to really tackle it was to go back and re-learn all that basic algebra. I'm a political science major so I haven't had any math for quite some time.

Good luck with your package, and if need be your retake!

Ben

capitoljake13

Why are you guys concerned about your scores? All you have to do is PASS it. A higher score does not make your packet more competitive... It is only checked to make sure that you met the passing standards.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
That's only with the Marines, buddy.

pwned.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
BTW, tlane I like your avatar....not exactly standard but maybe you can appreciate:
79227639.jpg

Scruff

None
Contributor
Thanks man, not too many people know what they are and are somewhat scarce here in the states. And yeah thats a custom SBU 1700. I think a guy named John owns it along with a fj45 with mog 406's under it. Absolutely awesome.

Here's my turd. Its a '78 406. I wheel it pretty hard so its not the prettiest.
unimog2.jpg

Scruff

None
Contributor
I got it from a man in Ohio who got them from northwestern bell. CASE construction equipment imported them for a few years and Americanized them. (Miles instead of KM, gallons instead of liters) NW bell used this one to dig trenches for laying line. It came with a backhoe and trencher attached.

Scruff

None
Contributor
Haha you know about the 5.7. Yeah its still there, no turbo and 90 horses of fury! I did turn the fuel pump up a little and its putting out about 115 now. An engine swap isn't very common due to the transmission/transfer case setup. A cummins 4bt does work, but it puts out a little too much torque for the tranny to handle.

skiptomahlouie

I was just wondering for the reading section, was there any kind of vocabulary questions? I'm just asking because on the barrons book there are some vocab on the practice tests, while on the arco there are no vocab.

Scruff

None
Contributor
There is no vocab on any current ASTB. The math in the barron's is a little harder than the real deal, and the mechanical is very similar.