• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomorrow its all done.....

Trev82

pilot
Well after finding out my flight physical, my app, my epsq, and everything else expired from my first go around i had a mere 2 + or - weeks to get another one together, and with a lot of trips between balboa, miramar, and nasni, i'm finally finished w/ my flight physical and everything else except the good ol' PFT which i shall do tomorrow. I also am signing the paperwork as well but that doesn't require me to exert too much physical effort. I've been able to throw up my 20 pullups get the 100 sit ups and do ok w/ running except for the first time as i've said on previous threads i've had my first run in w/ shin splints, which i'm blaming entirely on bad shoes. I've taken the first step and gotten a new pair which were fitted for my foot however, i'm almost certain a mile into my run my shin (left) will probably flare up and give me trouble. My stamina is great, my legs are being little pansies...i didn't run too much the last week, i did a leg workout and have been doing a lot ab and pull up exercises in the gym...i'm banking on my shins not getting too out of control and i can just push through it...well just wanted to throw that out there...I'm going for the apr board for the OCT OCC class wish me luck.

Trev82

pilot
oh

and correct me if i'm wrong but i was under the impression that aviation slots are based on the fiscal year, and typically the beginning of the fiscal year will host the majority of available pilot slots...and the apr board is the start to the new fiscal year....?

millerjd

Stayin' alive
AFAIK the military's fiscal year starts in September. And there are always "more pilot slots" at the beginning of the fiscal but doesn't mean they necessarily select more then since they have to divide it for the entire year.

My recruiter mentioned that if mine doesn't go through now, to try to slide it in right at the end of the fiscal year since people tend to wash and that's when they add up all the washed people and try to fill those slots... Just something he said, not necessarily 100% true.

Trev82

pilot

well i believe the astb is good for forever (which is awesome)...(7/7/7)...the flight physical i had to redo b/c it was good for only a year, and thats pretty much the same for everything, i think there was something that had a 2 year expiration but i don't remember maybe epsq or somethin like that. As far as my PFT i ran it at MCRD and it was HOWLING on tuesday probably blowing 20-25mph so i had a sweet run time of 23:30 easily my worst ever. I did 20 pullups 100 crunches but was just running into a brick wall the whole way...so now i'm going to retake next week....wish i could've scored well the first go around but i see it as a day of solid resistance training. =) Oh and my legs, shins, knees, ankles all felt great the new shoes did the trick. It also helps when all the grunts are out there doing pugils and getting reamed for various reasons to help motivate you during your run!

zag

paperwork

I applied for Oct/06. But I am wondering if my paperwork is all good right now. Any ideas?