• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tom Cruise too short to be a Navy pilot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

East

东部
Contributor
Mogwai

Got one that's starting to stick around the squadron... Remember the flick "Gremlins"? Remember the cute one with orange fur? Yeah...

Yeah....Mogwai?
Cute....eeeh..'thing'.

Attachments

• gremlinmogwaizm1.jpg
    gremlinmogwaizm1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 44

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk, you'll be fine. Comfortably snug maybe, but I don't think it'll be too bad a squeeze. If we could get MB shoe-horned into her, you're not going to have any trouble.

I keep forgetting about MB....he's like a hill giant :)

rrpilot

People that I know that have actually seen Tom Cruise would question the 5'7" part of that article. I have heard that he isn't an inch over 5'4". I'm sure his "rep" has inflated the height number for him.

Never seen the guy myself, just sayin'.

I read that after filming 'Top Gun' Kelly McGillis had to be treated for back pains by a chiropractor on account she's so much taller than Tom they had her barefoot, bending, leaning or stooping in every scene because she couldn't be taller than the 'star'...noticeable in the film once you're looking for it,lol

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Holy shit you're tiny! You can reach the rudder pedals? Not going E2/C2 I take it as I don't think you could reach the rudder pedals, at least not without seeing over the glareshield.

Haha, you KNOW that people LOVE getting into the jet or sim right after me because the seat is all the way and the rudder pedals are all the way forward. They'll see me later in the day and be like "Gizmo, did you just fly 308? ... DAMNIT I got in and my knees we touching my chest!!" :icon_tong

In conclusion, Tom Cruise is a lying weirdo who believes in a science fiction book as his religion. ;)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Haha, you KNOW that people LOVE getting into the jet or sim right after me because the seat is all the way and the rudder pedals are all the way forward. They'll see me later in the day and be like "Gizmo, did you just fly 308? ... DAMNIT I got in and my knees we touching my chest!!" :icon_tong

I kinda know what you mean. I set the pedals pretty much all the way back in the helicopters (that's just what's most comfortable to me; can't adjust our seats though). I am normal height so I get weird looks (at least I tell myself the pedals are why I get the weird looks).

Heheh.. Gizmo is probably a better callsign than Stripe.

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!
Funny and true story from the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. The tour guide (a former Marine well into his 80s) made it a point to start the tour off by talking about the F-14 right outside the main entrance, AND how Tom Cruise hurled 3 times while filming Top Gun. He continued his salty rant by bashing the Navy much to the dismay of several ensigns on board.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Funny and true story from the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. The tour guide (a former Marine well into his 80s) made it a point to start the tour off by talking about the F-14 right outside the main entrance, AND how Tom Cruise hurled 3 times while filming Top Gun. He continued his salty rant by bashing the Navy much to the dismay of several ensigns on board.

Shit, man...don't care how old the guide was...should'a taken him down!! LOL!

Funny story...up there with new bride Debbie, on the motor tour ~ nine years ago...was tickled to see the line-up of A1, A4, A7...and P2, and I think an old "Connie".

Guide was ex-USAF...overheard me explaining some of them to Deb...then very nicely asked me to take the mic and talk with the folks aboard about those A/C...I obliged, to everyone's delight.
icon10.gif

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read that after filming 'Top Gun' Kelly McGillis had to be treated for back pains by a chiropractor on account she's so much taller than Tom they had her barefoot, bending, leaning or stooping in every scene because she couldn't be taller than the 'star'...noticeable in the film once you're looking for it,lol
They had a box for Cruise to stand on for shots when he and McGillis were face-to-face. And yes he did lose his lunch in the F-14... don't know how many times. They had to change some scenes since he did not like the flying. And the water rescue turned into pretty much a real rescue, as Cruise sucked up a bunch of salt water and was getting swamped.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... McGillis ....
She used to have a GREAT bar in Key West ... 'Kelly's' ... (how original) ... a.k.a. the ol' PanAm HQ down there ... it had an OUTSTANDING 'atmosphere' (how could it not????) and O.K. drinks and basically SAT food ... and she showed up there once or twice ... I heard she 'lost it' when her then-hubby went all 'Lance Rentzel' on her ...

KellysBar_pic.jpg

She now thinks she's a lesbian ... but then, sometimes I think I am, too ... don't you gotta' LOVE (in the biblical sense) Hollywood ... ??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.