• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To those w/ spouses in Milton area-Tricare Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Just arrived area from North Carolina.

Wife and children (18 and 2) are Prime.

We need a new PCM.

Anyone have any recommendations? My wife is rather particular and would like a non-quack
bigmouth_125.gif
type of Doctor, and not one of those "Hi, how are ya? Thanks very much. See receptionist on your way out."

Suggestions? Anyone's spouses really like their Doctor?

Thanks!

E

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
My wife and I have tricare Prime. We've regretted it ever since we got it. First thing we'll do when we leave P'cola is switch it to the program (can't remember the name) that allows you to use a civilian doctor (although you have to pay a deductible). We've had nothing but problems with military doctors.

Elder

I guess I should talk to a Health Benefits Advisor.

What area do you live?

I assumed since I saw a long list of Civilian Doctors, that she could pick one as a Primary Care Manager.

http://hmd.humana-military.com/region34/dirdistancecom.asp

If she has to go back to a military Doctoer, yeah, she won't be too happy.

NAS seems to far to drive, as does Eglin.. Whiting is close, but how big really is their clinic? ugh.

Guess I need to do some callin'.

E

solenita72

SWO Wife
You guys that are unhappy with Tricare Prime should try to cange your Primary Care Provider to a civilian. I have Tricare Prime and I have a civilian provider. I was very unhappy with the care that I got from the military docs and I avoid them at all costs. I do not have a copay at all for any visits! I just submitted a change request through tricare and sent a note as to why I wanted a change, granted it took me two years, but I finally got my civilian doc! Apparently there is a "rule" that if there is space available in the clinics, that is who your are assigned to, but I imagine with all the doctors whoe were deployeed and some still are, that may mean that there is no "space available" slots. Good Luck!!

Elder

Thanks for the heads up on the Space A issue.

It's sorta all coming back to me now.

Being in the Coast Guard, we're usually NOT stationed near large military treatment facilities ... sometimes good, sometimes bad. So, we're used to having civilian PCM which is fine by me.

I didn't get around to calling the Whiting Field Clinic today : ... but, Monday is another day.

Thanks!

E
The Old Guy In The Hood

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
That's why we were using the military doctor. If you have access to a military clinic then you are obligated to go there. I didn't know that using a civilian doctor was an option as well with Prime. Thanks for the the heads up. I'll have to find the paperwork and see how that works so we don't EVER make that mistake again.
There was still space available with the docs, you have to make an appointment two weeks out though. Which isn't really too bad. They also have an ER at NAS.

Eglin is too far, but NAS really isn't. I live in North Pensacola (just south of Cantonment). It's a 30 minute drive to NAS and 40 min drive to Whiting. I don't think Whiting's doctors treat civilians. NAS has a hospital north of the base, so it's actually closer.

JenniH

Jennifer
I don't know how far you are from the Pensacola Naval Hospital, but I LOVE my doctor there...Dr. Carney in Family Practice. He's extremely nice and really likes his patients. My baby was due during his vacation time and he said to MAKE SURE that if I went into labor that weekend to have them page him. Well, I went into labor that weekend and he came in to deliver my baby. My 2 year old daughter sees Dr. O'dell in Pediatrics and she actually likes to go to the doctor and talks about seein him whenever we pass by the hospital. I've been very pleased. I hope this helps out.

Elder

We're in Milton just off Avalon Blvd - about 10 miles from Whiting Field. I'll have to read the rules about the distance to MTF..

Status
Not open for further replies.