• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To Deal or Not to Deal with a Phony SWCC

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
They used to have an actual SEAL authenticator website. I think it was authentiseal.com or something. You'd just plug in the information and it would respond within 24-48 hours letting you know if said person was a SEAL

The Authenti-SEAL guys closed up shop and now run the SOCNET site. SEALs have the distinction of being the only special operations guys who've maintained a data base tracking each and every individual guy who graduated from BUD/S.

MR-

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
See that's the thing, I figure if you're legit, you wouldn't have to talk about it to make yourself seem awesome.

The REALLY legit guys won't even talk about not talking about it. Oops, forget I said anything...:icon_tong

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
Just a quick update: since I posed a few critical questions with my "Somethin' Ain't Right" face, I haven't heard him utter a word about any SWCC business. As far as I know, he hasn't come out and said, "hey, I was bullshittin'" but as long as he doesn't run around telling any more war stories, I'm satisfied. Thanks for the confirmation, gentlemen.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just saw a story recently where there was a woman pretending to be an AF captain who flew fighters in Iraq and since she was taking classes at an all woman's college where there wasn't really any other military presence no one questioned her fer a long time.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. There really needs to be a mod/corollary/addendum to Godwin's Law. Let any Internet conversation go on long enough, someone will try and illustrate a point with a South Park reference. Call it "Cartman's Law" or something.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Anyone wonder why it's predominantly a male personality disorder? In fact, when's the last time anyone saw a female doing this type stuff?

Who??? You say the FEMALE of the species are immune ... ???

I think not. How 'bout THIS chick:

Michaele Salahi (née Michelle Ann Holt)
:icon_lol::icon_lol::thumbdn_1:thumbdn_1:icon_ooh::eyebrows_:icon_wink:boring_12:clown_125:icon_long:sleep_125:sleep_125

tareq-salahi-320.jpg

She claims she was a Redskins' Cheerleader and a Victoria's Secret model ... a.k.a. the 'female equivalent' of what we're talkin' about ...

Hint: Victoria's only 'secret' ......... was that she is a slut ... :)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. There really needs to be a mod/corollary/addendum to Godwin's Law. Let any Internet conversation go on long enough, someone will try and illustrate a point with a South Park reference. Call it "Cartman's Law" or something.

I illustrate points with South Park references whenever, bitch! Whatever, I do what I want! :D

AirSpiral

I broke down and asked him what branch and all that and he gave an account of how he was a SWCC in OIF. The only problem is, I've read a handful of books on SEALs and NSW and I noticed a few glaring inconsistencies in his story -- primarily that he attended BUD/S but he "couldn't remember" his class number and he called it "special forces,"

He's a dumb ass. For one thing, Nobody who goes through BUD/S forgets their class number. Secondly, SWCC doesn't go through BUD/S. They do go through a very hard combatant crewman qualifying training course at Coronado, but they DONT go through BUD/S. He's a straight liar