• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tipsy Gypsy Leather Patches

bigoaf

Anyone have gouge on a good tailor shop around Oceana/Norfolk to get leathers sewed on? I trust our PR's with the Nomex but not this one.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
According to Google:

Giovanni Leather Works
7920 Chesapeake Blvd # E
Norfolk, VA 23518-3800
(757) 588-0724‎

Yup that's it.

When I took my jacket in I expected to be leaving it. Instead he just took it in the back and sewed the name tag on. I think he only charged me $5 which is fair to say the least. From the sounds of it he gets regular business from people getting the leather patches sewn on the leather jacket. He told me the day before I came in two other guy's brought in their jackets as well...

p1brule

Frenchy
pilot
This may be a little outside the scope of this thread, forgive me. It is, however, in the vain of buying crap with wings on it. My old lady wants a pendant for a necklace that is wings. I've looked around the internet and found quite a few, but it's hard to judge the quality online.

Has anyone bought their wives (etc.) wings jewelry? If so, where and how is the quality.

thanks,
Frenchy

MasterBates

I bought a set at the exchange, they seemed good enough quality. I think they were 14K. Cost was not too bad, but it was 6 years ago when I bought them.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the NEX actually sells them. I have a vague memory of seeing wings pendants at the jewelry shop in the Big NEX at Norfolk.

Speaking of leather jackets, has anyone ever had theirs tailored? Mine was already a size too big when I got it (P'cola was out of my size and the next smaller), and since then there's now 15 lbs less of Fester to love. I'd hate to have to break in a new jacket, but it's so big now as to be almost comical.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Artisans Naval Insignia used be over off Holland Rd. Bought a full diamond shield wing pendant for my wife from them a few years ago. Web site isn't working now, but they used to have a good choice for a decent price. Don't know if they went out of business or what. The Pensacola museum gift shop has them online. Almost certainly the same thing.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... My old lady wants a pendant for a necklace that is wings....
WHOA, younger Bruddah ... so sorry to hear you are burdened w/ an 'older' lady .... never make an ugly woman (or 'old') your wife ... but:

The jewelry section at most NEX's or the uniform shop usually carries these items ... and they are usually 'quality'. At least they used to be ...

That's where I got my 'young' lady hers ... :)