• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Timeframe from Submission of Final Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXLUCIO

This question is primarily for those civilians (or priors) who have been pro-rec'd and then submitted final application (FINDOCS). First, what is the procedure once the final application has been submitted (i.e. after MEPS, EPSQ and PRT) by the recruiter/processor? Second, who makes the final decision, the community (i.e. supply, intel, crypto) or is there an OCS board? Third, is there anyway to check on the status of the application? Fourth, for those who have been pro-rec'd and then selected, what has been the time you have had to wait from submitting FINAL docs to getting the acceptance? Fifth, how were you notified?

RobNLa

After submitting the procedure is simple...Wait. Maybe a week maybe much, much longer. The Navy wheels turn at their own pace. The final decision is made by NRC in Millington, TN. There is no way to check on the status of your application other than word of mouth that trickles down to your recruiter. After being pro rec'd and submitting final docs I waited almost three months to be notified by mail that I was not selected. I hope you get good news soon.

bart27

I second Rob's statement. As for me, I think I waited a month and a half. I received a call from my recruiter and then my official letter came in the mail a few days later. I don't think there is an OCS board...OCS is kind of a means to an end. The communities make the decision...after all, if an individual is not selected by a community then they probably won't be going to OCS. If you have been pro rec'd, you don't have it in the bag, but things are looking really good.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I took me about a month and a half as well. I expected to hear from my recruiter that I had been selected, but I found out by mail before he knew about it. The part that sucked was that I could have sworn in (started getting paid) two weeks earlier if the processors at my district office had let my recruiter know I made it. Had to vent, sorry...

What has been said so far is right. You cannot check the status of your application; you can only verify that CNRC Millington has received your package (not lost in transit.) Other than that all you can do is be patient.

As far as the process goes, your recruiter sends your stuff to his/her respective district office. Mine is NRD Houston. The district office looks over your materials to be sure nothing is missing. They then forward it to Millington, where it may sit for a month before the board (your hopeful community) takes a look at it. You will then hopefully get a call from your recruiter, but, as I explained, you may have to wait a while for the news to arrive by mail. GOod luck.

Brooke

Rob...You were not selected even though you had been pro.rec'd??? My recruiter made it sound as if the two go hand in hand. He did say it was not guarenteed, however that he had never been witness to someone not being accepted after getting pro re'd. Does this happen a lot?

I just submitted my package and am waiting on being pro rec'd or not...but have already completed my ESPQ and PRT (295). This is my second time applying, the first of which I was not pro rec'd for either intel or crypto. I've changed my choices to Intel, Supply and Diving. I'm pretty nervous about this, and I know I'm going to be a basket case by the time I hear something. This is going to KILL ME!!!!!

fraz76

I am at that stage of being a Basket Case guys. I am waiting on my final select. Glad to know that I will be receiving a letter from CNRC. Will be on the LookOut....Good luck to all.

RobNLa

Brooke,
My recruiter told me the same thing. Exact words were, "It's just a formality from this point." I have a clean background, good pft, and no physical problems. It just shows you that there are no guarantees. Don't count on it until you swear in. From what I have found out this is rare, but it obviously happens. I hope your experience is different.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
I'm in the same boat as you all. I got my Pro Rec in MAY and I've sent in my FinDocs 4 times. Each time they've been sent back saying they're incomplete. The last time I sent them in was 4 weeks ago. The waiting is driving me nuts, but it's good to know I'm not the only one waiting. Does anyone know how far OCS is backed up for SNA's? Last I heard they are giving out OCS dates about 6 months away.

russo22jax

I just submitted my package for SNA/SNFO. I and am waiting to hear back on my Pro Req in the next few weeks. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I make it to final selection. Good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.