• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time & Place to discuss Mishaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Starting a discussion on the locked T-45 accident thread.

Every incident IS fully disected and analysed. It's done in the Mishap investigation process. The people who get the info though are only the communities that would benefit from the "lessons learned". It would be harmful and detrimental (I can't spell so good) for those results to be put out for public consumption, therefore the results are NEVER release publicly. Posting and reading news articles/pictures about an accident are perfectly legit, but Public speculation on a message board would be very wrong. Patmack wasn't off base on his question, just the interpretation was wrong.

BeanFighter

pilot
I know y'all are curious about why a Goshawk would land in the mud or any other incident. It's good to be curious. But if you want to be one of us than start acting like us. Be glad the pilots are alive, then use your eyes and ears to learn from the facts when they are released. Till then shut your pie hole and get some work done.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Would posting pictures of this latest incident be "out of line"? I've got some, but WANT confirmation from a "fleet" aviator before posting them.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
the scuttlebutt's starting to surface at our squadron...but we all gotta be careful to not step in the BS

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would suggest not publishing the pictures. Let the Navy release them. If you can get pictures from a commercial site, then post away. Until then, keep them within the ready room. I would hate to be the first one to let the pictures out.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really don't understand what the big deal is. There is a LARGE difference between sharing publicly released information and sharing things you heard from people in your squadron. The house I grew up in is about 20 minutes from the reported "crash" site and our local newspaper has been on the story from day one. What is the big deal with posting info that has already been PRINTED in a newspaper? I just can't quite figure out what all the fuss is about. Am I way off base here or what?

Skid27

Touchy subject for me. The big deal is if a military aviator repeats something he found open source he/she lends it credibility, even if it is BS. A few good reasons to always keep your c*ckholster shut about mishaps.

- Bad rumors only end up freaking out the families. Especially overseas.
- If a reporter releases privileged info, too bad. If you repeat privileged info, wherever you got it, stand by for the golfshoe.
- When it is one of your bros who morts, you will see all of the vultures trying to find out what happened to satisfy their stupid curiosity and you will want to throw up. You don't want to be known as one of those guys.
- Even when they walk away from one, bad rumors can wreck a guy's rep for a long time.

It's natural to want to know what happened and who it was. But show respect by staying out of it. If you come across info, resist the urge to be the annointed one by telling everone, and just keep it to yourself. The only good reason to discuss mishaps is to learn from them, and that can't be done until the board finishes it's work.

Ray

I've seen some pictures and it really isn't that interesting. Just imagine a goshawk on the deck with its gear up. Its not a big stretch people.

Status
Not open for further replies.