• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time interval

Status
Not open for further replies.

persingerb

I was just wandering what the time interval is from when you get the paperwork completed and the test taken, till you hear if you got accepted into the bdcp program.

navsup

BDCP Supply
SOme on here heard in a few weeks, others waited 9 months to a year. I submitted my paperwork in may and finally heard i was accepted on sept 22nd swore in on oCt 1st. Since oct 1st was the new fiscal year they seem to have more slots open so it may not take you as long.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I applied back at the end of March and heard back at the end of May that I was professionally recommended. The final selection came at the end of July.

persingerb

Do I need to be worried that in May I have only 12 months until graduation. I have read on this site that once you get within a year it is really hard to get accepted into the program, and at 8 months it is unheard of.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by persingerb
Do I need to be worried that in May I have only 12 months until graduation. I have read on this site that once you get within a year it is really hard to get accepted into the program, and at 8 months it is unheard of.

I started the application process with about 18 months or so until graduation. By the time I was finally accepted and sworn in I had about 12 months left. So I guess it kinda depends where in the application process you are. If you're too close to graduation you can always apply for a direct OCS spot instead of BDCP.

Hope that helps.

erabe07

I think I finally got all my package stuff sent in in May '03. They called me several times to get minor details straightened out. I was pretty much dealing with them constantly about one thing or another until I was finally accepted in late August.

austinfalnes

Well, I am applying in my senior year...one more semester after this. My recruiter told me last spring that it didn't matter, and I still had a chance at being selected...the way i see it..its in thier best interest to select older candidates since they have to pay them less, but still get the same committment.

I am thinking I might hear this week...The board asked me to submit an explanation of why i requested a 3 month delay after graduation before OCS...to me that means they are actually reading my file...but who knows...apparently it's all a roll of the dice.

Any of you apply with an INTEL designator?...does the background check make the whole thing take longer? or does BDCP have some sort of special circumstances, since applicants are still students?

version2point0

the background check doesnt happen until ocs. the FBI investigates the background of the candidates during the 13 weeks they are in ocs. i know a lot of intel hopefuls and they all take just as long as everyone else does. as for your time left in school, you might want to think about a minor or double major. if you are that close to finishing, you could tack on some extra semesters onto your degree completion plan and just get paid to go to school. the double major would help your competitiveness and the further out your date the more chances of slots being open.

-v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.