• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time between OCS and TBS

Dinosaurologist

I’m going to OCS in January, and given that I graduate, I’d go to TBS right afterwards. So graduation ceremony on Saturday, March 23, then TBS starts on Monday, March 25.

Question: How much time can I spend with family on graduation weekend? For anyone who has been through recently, did you not have to report to TBS until Sunday night?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If it is done right you’ll have just enough time to get bored but not enough time to do anything about it. Enjoy “The Bummer Summer.”

penguin_pilot

I’m going to OCS in January, and given that I graduate, I’d go to TBS right afterwards. So graduation ceremony on Saturday, March 23, then TBS starts on Monday, March 25.

Question: How much time can I spend with family on graduation weekend? For anyone who has been through recently, did you not have to report to TBS until Sunday night?
You will (almost certainly) check into TBS within an hour or two after your graduation, be given a key to your room in the barracks, and stand in an accountability formation for an hour or so while waiting for your fellow Lts to make their way across the highway from OCS. From there you should be cut free for the rest of the weekend to spend with family, and formally check into your BOC (Basic Officer's Course) Company on Monday morning.

A family dinner on Saturday evening of your graduation will most likely be possible, but you definitely won't be released in time for lunch, in case you were curious.

Best of luck! Remember to embrace the cold; it's mostly a mental battle.

Source: I just graduated with OCC 244 and am at TBS currently.

Reactions: sdh