• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tiltrotor contract length

taz954

To the OCS Candidates out there,

What's the service obligation after winging if you select Tiltrotor? Is it 6 or 8 years?

3rdgenav8tor

Woot
None
Though I'm not in flight school or in the tilt-rotor transition, I would assume that it would be six years. Since you go through Intermediate Turbo-prop and then Intermediate Rotary-Wing to learn the basics after primary. Due to the fact that the ADSC for both Turbo-prop and Rotary-wing is six years. Check this website out for more info on the MV-22.

http://marinegouge.com/mediawiki-1.13.3/?title=Ospreys-url :D

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
"...you will be given an actual billet in the squadron similar to when you arrive at your first fleet squadron. Be prepared to go to legal school, security manager course, safety school, or any other schools that your job might require. You will be expected to fulfill your ground job duties in addition to studying for ground school, sims, and flights...."

no shit... you get a ground job at the Osprey RAG? ...WOW, that sucks

S/F

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"...you will be given an actual billet in the squadron similar to when you arrive at your first fleet squadron. Be prepared to go to legal school, security manager course, safety school, or any other schools that your job might require. You will be expected to fulfill your ground job duties in addition to studying for ground school, sims, and flights...."

no shit... you get a ground job at the Osprey RAG? ...WOW, that sucks

S/F

As someone else on the site says...

Believe it...
:icon_smil

taz954

Due to the fact that the ADSC for both Turbo-prop and Rotary-wing is six years.

Unless they changed it within the last 3 years. When I signed the contract was 8 years for FW and 6 years for RW. The T-44 (twin turbo-prop) is a fixed wing contract with a service commitment of 8 years as well.

Anybody,

Tilt-rotor 6 or 8?

SierraWhiskey

I contracted for OCC-201 a little more than a week ago and agreed to a 96-month commitment for fixed wing jet aircraft or 72 months for any other type of aircraft.

SMILE4BULLETS

I'm in Int. Tilt. right now...I don't even know how long the commitment is. I don't really care either. I mean 2 years in the grand scheme of things isn't a whole lot, unless you hate life.