• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

three mile help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Get a discman with some motivating music. You can't use it at OCS obviously, but it sure helps on your runs. It'll probably cut a minute or two off your run the first time.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks for the info on the radio headset. I already have one, but I think I want to get a mp3 player so I can just hook it up using an universal serial bus (USB) cord to my comp, and get whatever motivating/inspirational songs I want. I have 4 MC cadences, so those will get me motivated. If they don't then I guess I should just stop running and take up something else.

One further ?. When you guys are running in the 21 min. range and under, how do you time your splits? I mean, do you run the first mile at a certain pace and then speed up for the 2nd mile, and then run even faster for the 3rd mile. OR do you just run three 6:30 min miles. I prefer the former cause I feel like I'm getting faster in my mind. Guess it's just a psyche thing. Thanks for any replies.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Personally, I don't get warmed up until the second mile. The third mile is usually my fastest. I always get smoked on the first mile, but catch up after the turn-around.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What's your 3 mile time?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

hobbs77

Hook up with a guy who's on a cross country team and train w/ him for a month.

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

O-man

That will only help but keep in mind that the three and five mile races are very diferent. My last year of college my 3 mile time went Up, While we were in the middle of cross country season. But at the same time the five mile run was getting a lot better.I say dont sleep on speed workouts that are not overemphisized (sp?) with the cross country scene. I dont know if anyone really noticed, but E5B touched on somthing that our coach was Always pushing on us...His last mile was the fastest. That is what happens when you do everything right.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Good call guys. Xcountry team with help me out.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I need to get my 3 mile time into shape...ran it in 23:10 the other day. I was really feeling it though, started out at a pace that I used to run at when I was on the rowing team. 3 months of not getting up and training at 4:30AM takes it's toll...gotta get my butt back in shape...

davidsin

EA-6B1 just stay motivated, shoot for practical goals. Stay consistant and keep pressing to shave off seconds. Some days will be worse than others, but if you keep pushing you'll progress overall. Keep in mind that awsome quote you use to end your posts. Good luck and Godspeed~

------------------------------------------
Semper Fi

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks for the encouragement Davidsin. I'll need a lot of it! I agree with what you said about staying motivated. Running is 30% physical and 70% mental (well, maybe 40-60) anyways. It's all a mind game. Thanks and good luck to all the OC's.

Jonathan Williamson

Originally posted by EA-6B1
Thanks for the encouragement Davidsin. I'll need a lot of it! I agree with what you said about staying motivated. Running is 30% physical and 70% mental (well, maybe 40-60) anyways. It's all a mind game. Thanks and good luck to all the OC's.

I agree completely...Just keep working at it and don't get discouraged. It'll improve, just keep hammering at it.

cblax2000

Just out of curiosity, what is the farthest distance u have to run at OCS? I agree that running is very important, but that is all that every seems to worry about on this forum. I want to go in there with all around body strength and edurance. I don't think it is desirable to run 6 days a weak and neglect ur upper body and torso strength. But I have never been to OCS, what do u guys think who have been there? 3-4 days endurance training 3 days strength training?

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I think i've seen guys say something like 5-7 miles during the end...but you'll probably be worked up to that. Anyone want to correct me?

Status
Not open for further replies.