• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Threat Warning for Vehicles with DoD Stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabttu

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY

WASHINGTON RESIDENT AGENCY, 3D MILITARY POLICE GROUP (CID)

UNITED STATES ARMY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION COMMAND

FORT MYER, VIRGINIA 22211-1101

CRIME PREVENTION FLYER

0078-03-CID041

1. The CID mission includes not only investigating crime, but assisting the command/community in identifying crime-conducive areas or conditions which affect the safety and security of personnel and equipment within this command. This flyer is a crime prevention service to the command. Below is a situation we feel worthy of dissemination.

2. SUMMARY OF INFORMATION: On 27 Mar 03, this office received information indicating DoD personnel whose privately owned vehicles are identified with a Department of Defense (DoD) registration decal should make all attempts to avoid any Anti-war protest. The information disclosed that a DoD family member while driving her vehicle and stuck in traffic was identified as having a DoD sticker. At the time there was an anti-war protest under way. When her vehicle was observed by the demonstrators, a member of the group yelled out "war bitch" and her vehicle was immediately surrounded. While some of the members pounded on her vehicle with their fists, others "keyed" it and wrote the word "peace" on the paint finish.

3. It is recommended DoD personnel should avoid these protest at all cost. Even though the protesters proclaim on National TV that they support the military members involved in the war in Iraq, there are numerous members of the various Anti-war groups who do not share this view and will assault DOD members once they are identified.

4. Crime prevention is everyone's business. This information is provided to assist you in the enhancement of the crime prevention program in our community.

5. Point of contact for this action is Michael Ayd or the undersigned at (703) 696-3500.

MICHAEL J. AYD MARK A. NASH

GS7 CW3, MP

Investigative Ops Asst Special Agent in Charge

Just got this email from my father and thought I'd share it with the board. Sad that it has to be this way.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That is horrible. As for the sticker, not much you can do about that. Personally, I always put it down low on the left side of the front window, so it is not as prominent. Most people have theirs put up top in the middle of the front window.

Back in the 90s (scary to say that, getting older), there were people in Norfolk Va scraping off (stealing) base stickers from cars at Malls and other places. Kind of was a moot point, when around 95 or so they started the open base policy. Boy, gladly, that is a thing of the past...

Brodie143

Lets see, I don't believe in war, but I believe in attacking a woman who is minding her own business and pounding on her car and keying it? Interesting.

The military fights for freedom of speech and thought, the war protesters fight to force you to say and believe what they believe in.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I find the cynicism and hypocrisy of the so-called "peace" movement absolutely astounding. They want world peace and goodwill towards men and all that happy crap, and as soon as we fight for what they say they want, they turn around and say it's all about oil. Apparently peace and prosperity for your fellow man is a great thing, but it's not worth fighting for outside American borders.

If God isn't a Penn State fan, than why is the sky blue and white?

Status
Not open for further replies.