• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This morning's A-pool idiocy...PT Policy and O vs PO open debate

JonDW7

Great...

WTF guys? I am heading down shortly. Does anybody mind dropping me a PM so that I know what I am heading into? Thanks.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
SNA2007 said:
Thank God I'm in the Navy and your in the Corps. I pitty your suboordinates.

Being a professional military officer...

I pity your computer's spell check...:eek:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Christ.....was what Mike said THAT offensive to everyone? Although I do enjoy some serious time off on occasion, there is at least a little truth to what he is saying. Every time I have been anywhere near the line of being in trouble, it was while in a pool status, bored off my ass just waiting to start. Yes we are obligated to be professional in all settings, but it is easy to see how too much time off can get the best of some of us. These guys were class A retards, but if you tone the idiocy meter down about 10 cranks, I can think of at least a couple good professional dudes who have let the idle time get the best of them.

Bevo16

pilot
Every time I have been anywhere near the line of being in trouble, it was while in a pool status, bored off my ass just waiting to start. Yes we are obligated to be professional in all settings, but it is easy to see how too much time off can get the best of some of us.

Oh you salty dog.

All of that experience of sitting in stash jobs, just waiting to get in trouble. Be careful, your job might just put you in a situation where you have to much (up to 4 days) free time in far away lands with a little to much cash to burn and to much alcohol. I am not sure you can be trusted with yourself. ;)

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
OttoWrote8 said:
That and, like usual, this thread seems to be reeking of the usual arrogance that Marines have thinking they are somehow better than Naval officers. The freaking special briefs the Marines get whenever checking about how they are "better than" us and need to "lead by example" makes me sick.

HAHAHA. I'm dieing over here. Thanks for that.

Repped.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
FLYTPAY said:
According to Statesman it is, crucifictions are done on Mondays.....hence the phrase "sounds like a case of the Mundays"

That is brutal. The friday workday shenanigans, not the monday crucifixions....

Back in my day everyday was friday in A Pool, and friday counted twice. The times they are a changin'

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have always wondered why the Navy and Marines put their guys on active duty the day they commissioned from ROTC. I don't know how the academies do it but the Army and USAF guys at my school were usually did not go on active duty until they reported to their schools, which varied from a few weeks after graduation to a few months since they staggered the report dates for everyone. For example, an Army classmate didn't go on active duty until he reported to supply school in October after we graduated. While it sucked that they were not making O-1 pay to hang around Charleston's beaches, it didn't suck and it seemed to make a lot more sense.

Then again it would take a level of planning and organization that the Navy in general seems to lack. ;)

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
OttoWrote8 said:
That and, like usual, this thread seems to be reeking of the usual arrogance that Marines have thinking they are somehow better than Naval officers.

For the record, Marine officers ARE Naval officers, just not Navy officers - just like Marine pilots are Naval Aviators (as are Coasties).

But yes, I agree with your point.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
over 22,000 views...nice

and there's not even any naked women in this thread

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You always could.... for about 5 minutes. Then you can do it again a week later.

If that long. Depends on how many Mods are on duty. You do get a special Ban Count notation under your username though.