• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

This is Awesome

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Indeed. AWESOME! Just took it for a test spin, and it got like 5 different aircraft all that had minute appearances in a movie. Sweet!

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Definitely looks like a cool site. I'm working on the Burn Notice page myself now, which didn't even exist a few hours ago (I just had to put up that beautiful DC-3 :D)

BUDU

Oh man, I was dying to know what plane was featured in Girls Gone Wild: College Spring Break.

In all seriousness though, very cool.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Definitely looks like a cool site. I'm working on the Burn Notice page myself now, which didn't even exist a few hours ago (I just had to put up that beautiful DC-3 :D)

I think I may have posted this somewhere before, but...

I'm a big Burn Notice fan and have always noticed the red and white DC-3 in the credits (and pilot episode). Then one day while on det and taxiing out at Nassau/New Providence's airport and there it was! I thought it was interesting that it was in the show for being, apparently, an island hopping bird. Fast forward two years later and I'm on det at Opa Locka and there it is! All of a sudden it clicked, and I realized it was a log bird between OPF and New Providence. Since much of the show is shot around Opa Locka, I see how they got the shot.

I will say this...it looks rough from the outside up close.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I think I may have posted this somewhere before, but...

I'm a big Burn Notice fan and have always noticed the red and white DC-3 in the credits (and pilot episode). Then one day while on det and taxiing out at Nassau/New Providence's airport and there it was! I thought it was interesting that it was in the show for being, apparently, an island hopping bird. Fast forward two years later and I'm on det at Opa Locka and there it is! All of a sudden it clicked, and I realized it was a log bird between OPF and New Providence. Since much of the show is shot around Opa Locka, I see how they got the shot.

I will say this...it looks rough from the outside up close.

A while back, I was aimlessly clicking around YouTube for some clips of DC-3's taking off, and at one point I thought to myself, "That paint job looks very familiar..."
I'll have to go down to OPF and see it in person one of these days.

The funny thing is, in the actual episode where the plane is used, Michael Westen is clearly seen boarding an Antonov An-24, and then they cut to the footage of the DC-3. Maybe we can assume that he had a layover in the Bahamas and flew into Opa Locka, but I don't know how he changed planes while he was unconscious...
"These are things I think of in the night" :rolleyes:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The funny thing is, in the actual episode where the plane is used, Michael Westen is clearly seen boarding an Antonov An-24, and then they cut to the footage of the DC-3. Maybe we can assume that he had a layover in the Bahamas and flew into Opa Locka, but I don't know how he changed planes while he was unconscious...
"These are things I think of in the night" :rolleyes:

I think he got shot in Africa, so either way, it was a long trip. I'm sure some "handler" helped him with his luggage.

Renegade One

None
Under the sub-category of "What Were They Thinking?":

The de Havilland DH.80A Puss Moth is a three-seater high-wing monoplane aeroplane designed and built by the de Havilland Aircraft Company between 1929 and 1933. It flew at a speed approaching 124 mph (200 km/h), making it one of the highest-performance private aircraft of its era.