• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thinking about getting a new snake

What kind of snake were you thinking of getting? Can't some go months without eating? You could release it into your house while you're gone and have a rabbit cage with one of those timed feeders, and every once in a while it releases a rabbit for the snake to catch. But eventually it'll probably just hang out in front of the rabbit cage with its mouth open.

Snapple Fact #138: Poison has to be drunk, and venom has to be injected into the bloodstream. So it's perfectly safe to drink snake venom. Just be sure you don't have ulcers.

exhelodrvr

pilot
What kind of snake were you thinking of getting? Can't some go months without eating? You could release it into your house while you're gone and have a rabbit cage with one of those timed feeders, and every once in a while it releases a rabbit for the snake to catch. But eventually it'll probably just hang out in front of the rabbit cage with its mouth open.

Snapple Fact #138: Poison has to be drunk, and venom has to be injected into the bloodstream. So it's perfectly safe to drink snake venom. Just be sure you don't have ulcers.

Make sure that the rabbits in the feed system are just one sex - otherwise while they are waiting to be eaten they are going to breed themselves out of the cage.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
What kind of snake were you thinking of getting? Can't some go months without eating? .

A burmese python. They can go for a while without eating but they tend to get aggressive when you do that. I like to feed them smaller meals once a week.

burmesepython1.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Dude, don't burmese Pythons get gigantic? Stick with a ball python if you're really that interested in getting a snake. We kept two in our flight room at vance, the smaller one only escaped once and it cleaned the building of all rodents and then showed up back in its cage 6 weeks later when it got hungry again. There's enough damn burmese pythons in the everglades already.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Dude, don't burmese Pythons get gigantic? Stick with a ball python if you're really that interested in getting a snake. We kept two in our flight room at vance, the smaller one only escaped once and it cleaned the building of all rodents and then showed up back in its cage 6 weeks later when it got hungry again. There's enough damn Burmese pythons in the everglades already.

Yeah they get pretty damn big. Ball pythons are cool, my last snake was a ball. It was ether the Burmese or the Red Tail Boa. I'm not getting one ether way, I trust the guys on here know what they are talking about when they say it's a bad idea.

Be it a dog, cat, or snake. I wont get a animal that I can't take care of.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If I woke up and saw a snake in my place, I would probably jump, then slay it with my SERE knife.

Of course, in good SERE fashion, I'd eat the remains.... with a nice Chianti.