• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things to do in Pensacola

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
My Lamberts experience was probably the only time in my life where I was painfully full. I kinda wanted to cry afterwards.

Yeah... but it hurt so good didn't it? :D Man I miss that place. Folks walking around with big ass metal bowls full of fried okra... for free...

We need to get the mods to get a drooling smiley on here. lol

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Vortex Springs. But before you go, find a dive buddy and take a cave penetration course. Bring a wreck line, extra lights, and an alternate air source. The caves there are siiiiick.

Vortex is okay, but gets old quick. I don't do cave diving though. I'd recommend Morrison over Vortex. Less people and free. Just get the info on the river there as it will flood the springs after rainfall.

I'd recommend the Oriskany if you have some dives under your belt and are certified advanced.

If not, there are plenty of other wrecks in the area such as the USS Massachusetts.

If you really want to go hunting for some stuff there are some planes out in the gulf. Believe there is an A-7 out there.

I dive through MBT and highly recommend them. Good dive shop and they do a lot for the Oriskany vets.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
With </= 0.25mi. visibility all along the Gulf Coast this morning, today's a great chance to get some no-shit IFR time in the P'cola area & practice your ILS/GCA skills. Probably not many training flights getting launched, so you'll have the fields to yourselves.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
With </= 0.25mi. visibility all along the Gulf Coast this morning, today's a great chance to get some no-shit IFR time in the P'cola area & practice your ILS/GCA skills. Probably not many training flights getting launched, so you'll have the fields to yourselves.

It's everywhere, Jax too.

FlyinRock

Barrancas is a good place to start. Few seem to realize how much solid history exists in the area. Take a drive out to Fort Morgan, take some time to see and imagine what happened back in the civil war. take the ferry across to Fort Gaines and see the other side of the bay and a more descriptive view of the happenings in the 1860's. This area is rich with civil war history. It may become an area rich with more civil war history if the government keeps going the way it is.
New Orleans is only a couple hundred miles west of Pensacola and worth at least one visit.
There is a lot more to the area than just feeling happy and partying.
Semper Fi
Rocky

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
This area is rich with civil war history. It may become an area rich with more civil war history if the government keeps going the way it is.

FnRock: You better watch out: you can get in big trouble w/ some of our posters for using that language.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Hopjacks: 3 dolla holla has cheap alcohol on Thursdays I think. Also, Wednesday night is trivia night, which is a lot of fun. Starts at 9, and you pick your own team name to be as offensive as possible. Most popular team name gets free shots. Examples: I'm not gay, but 5 dollars is 5 dollars; What's the best thing about dating an ethiopian girl? You know she swallows.

There's a really cool market on 9th AVE north of the mall...can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but the dude who owns it is a heck of a salesman, so beware!

Thursdays at like 6-sh or something the Aragon wine market has a free wine tasting. They usually invite the owner of a winery or something and sometimes they have some good stuff. They also have really good wine there...try the Canonball Cabernet.

Florbama is always an adventure.

Go to the Oclub around 5:30/6 on Fridays.