• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

There will ALWAYS be an England ... ???

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I wonder if there is a reserve for the auction?
What do you say, we take up a collection within AW and see if we can buy ourselves a carrier!!

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Another member of staff queried: 'Why are we spending billions on aircraft carriers just so that U.S. and French aircraft can take off and not UK fighters'.
When Mr Cameron protested that they would have British fighters, he was told 'not for 10 years, sir'.

I got a chuckle out of this. Does GB not have the same deferential code of conduct between servicemen and politicians? If a U.S. serviceman pointedly corrected a politician he'd catch some crap.

phrogpilot73

I wonder if there is a reserve for the auction?
What do you say, we take up a collection within AW and see if we can buy ourselves a carrier!!

Now if only we can buy some of these, too, we'll be in business.
Seriously, if we get a collection for all of the above as well as some Westland H-3's - we could move AirWarriors to the next logical step in its development... A mercenary force to be reckoned with!!

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Seriously, if we get a collection for all of the above as well as some Westland H-3's - we could move AirWarriors to the next logical step in its development... A mercenary force to be reckoned with!!

Sign me up!

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
"At the moment, we can afford to either have the aircraft or the carriers, but not both..."
That was hysterical.

jmcquate

Contributor

Can we invade the Falklands?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, since we'd own their carrier, the Brits would have a hard time getting them back! Not sure what we'd do with a dreary little island, 2000 royal subjects, and a shit-ton of sheep, though!

jmcquate

Contributor
Well, since we'd own their carrier, the Brits would have a hard time getting them back! Not sure what we'd do with a dreary little island, 2000 royal subjects, and a shit-ton of sheep, though!

I'm thinking a "Mouse that Roared" scenario. We threaten the US with becoming allies with Venezuela, get billions in US foreign aid and the rest is gravy.