• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

THE VP DEBATE: Thursday Night Fights, Round 1 ... WHO "WON" .. ???

Win, Lose, or Draw ... Who's your "Daddy"???

• Senator Biden

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Governor Palin

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Neither won ... it's a draw

Votes: 16 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I really don't think Gov. Palin is going to do well. She delivers a great speech, but when interviewed she is, IMHO, terribly unimpressive.

I agree with A4s though, if she does well tomorrow, dispelling the growing opinion that she's not in touch with international affairs (or anything outside of Alaska), the campaign will receive a much needed injection of support. If she does poorly, then I think Senator McCain's race will be largely over.

My opinion is not an endorsement for any candidate, it is just my assessment of the political situation - an opinion i feel eminently qualified to make, because.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's not forget that this is the Congress with the LOWEST approval rating in the history of our nation.

The lowest approval rating since they started polling, which is only since the 30's I believe.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the moderator, Gwen Ifill, who's releasing an "Age of Obama" book on Inauguration Day. Now, I think the McCain camp seriously dropped the ball in not objecting to this person who will definatly be trying to trip Palin up.

The book is about black politicians in the 'Age of Obama', it is not a book just about Obama. She interviewed black politicians and 'power brokers' across the spectrum, including Colin Powell, for the book.

And she never hid the book, she has been interviewed about it several times since she started writing it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It was posted by an AP story way back on July 23, that was also printed in the Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/23/smiley-faces-blog-anger/
Then why don't you take that up w/ "both camps" ... neither of which reported it until today ... which is what I referenced. "Both camps". Try to focus. Try to focus ... focus ... you are getting sleepy .... sleepp-p-p-y ... :sleep_125

I've often discovered that when "news" is finally reported in the media -- it's usually "old news" ... that's based on those things I've had personal knowledge of ... :icon_wink

Anyway ... it's all about "appearances" ... if it were a right-leaning "moderator", the Dem's would be having a hissy-fit.

Believe it.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
The lowest approval rating since they started polling, which is only since the 30's I believe.

The book is about black politicians in the 'Age of Obama', it is not a book just about Obama. She interviewed black politicians and 'power brokers' across the spectrum, including Colin Powell, for the book.

And she never hid the book, she has been interviewed about it several times since she started writing it.

Funny....
she didn't bother interviewing J.C. Watts, Alan Keyes, or Clarence Thomas.

As a matter of fact...I would vote for this guy in a heartbeat over the other clowns!

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Then why don't you take that up w/ "both camps" ... neither of which reported it until today ... which is what I referenced. "Both camps". Try to focus. Try to focus ... focus ... you are getting sleepy .... sleepp-p-p-y ... :sleep_125

You don't think it's a coincidence that this is not brought up until the day before the debate, when, as I have shown, it has been public knowledge for at least more than 2 months? Maybe I'm just cynical...

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
A4sForever;482866[B said:
Anyway ... it's all about "appearances" ... if it were a right-leaning "moderator", the Dem's would be having a hissy-fit.
[/B]

I agree, it's called politics. You can't beat the "everyone's out to get me" mantra.

BullGator

Ok, I'll bite......why? That's just a pretty empty statement..

Other than the fact that he looks like Phil Hartman and Charleton Heston had a baby, what do you not like?
CharltonHeston1.jpg
397px-Joe_Biden,_official_photo_portrait_2.jpg
hartman.jpg
Do I need to state a reason for opinions?

-Ok you twisted my leg. I think he was a terrible VP pick to start off. Hillary would have been the smart choice. I was very glad that he didn't choice Hillary because I want McCain to win (what did she get, about 18 million preliminary votes?). Also, it magnifies that Obama is trying to make up for his large weaknesses: foreign relations and overall experience. That is a big mistake for someone trying to exemplify change -especilally change from the regular DC politics... --> Now to get to what I don't specifically like about Biden: his experience is not what I would consider "good" experience since he is not so much for national defense (voted against missile shields every time over the last 20 something years) and his foreign relation experience is overblown (I consider him well traveled but not a good diplomat or a stern leading type).

All in all, we are not voting for the VPs and they only slightly factor in people's decisions; however, by choosing Biden, Obama has basically "told me" that he is trying to make up for his very minimal experience and foreign know-how by selecting a very boring man who is still not as good as McCain in either aspect. E.g., it was a bad choice that will cost Obama the election...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You don't think it's a coincidence that this is not brought up until the day before the debate, when, as I have shown, it has been public knowledge for at least more than 2 months? Maybe I'm just cynical...
2 months?? Public knowledge?? :)

I stay up on this stuff more than most, I imagine ... certainly more than the average Joe ... and TODAY is the first time it popped up on my radar screen ... just sayin' ...

Maybe I need to read the Washington Post more?? I don't think so ...
:sleep_125

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Do I need to state a reason for opinions?

-Ok you twisted my leg. I think he was a terrible VP pick to start off. Hillary would have been the smart choice. I was very glad that he didn't choice Hillary because I want McCain to win (what did she get, about 18 million preliminary votes?). Also, it magnifies that Obama is trying to make up for his large weaknesses: foreign relations and overall experience. That is a big mistake for someone trying to exemplify change -especilally change from the regular DC politics... --> Now to get to what I don't specifically like about Biden: his experience is not what I would consider "good" experience since he is not so much for national defense (voted against missile shields every time over the last 20 something years) and his foreign relation experience is overblown (I consider him well traveled but not a good diplomat or a stern leading type).

All in all, we are not voting for the VPs and they only slightly factor in people's decisions; however, by choosing Biden, Obama has basically "told me" that he is trying to make up for his very minimal experience and foreign know-how by selecting a very boring man who is still not as good as McCain in either aspect. E.g., it was a bad choice that will cost Obama the election...

Not that I really care, but seriously, I was expecting character assassination at the very least, when "I don't like anything abou Biden" is your opener...

Figured you personally hated the guy for some reason. :)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
2 months?? Public knowledge?? :)

I stay up on this stuff more than most, I imagine ... certainly more than the average Joe ... and TODAY is the first time it popped up on my radar screen ... just sayin' ...

My point is it's "the camp"s jobs to know the moderator. If they didn't know something that was public and had been printed in The Washington Times (not a left-wing rag) then it's on "the camp"s and not the proverbial "they." It shouldn't be a big surprise that a black political journalist is writing a book about blacks in politics when a major party has the first black presidential candidate.

I'm sure you keep up on this stuff, but I don't think you can know what book every journalist is writing.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Hey, if you want to replace Ifill, go for it. Half of the debate prep is prepping for the moderator and how you're going to respond or not respond to them. Who do you think is going to do better on a completely new moderator, Sen. Biden or Gov. Palin?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seeing how the moderator is totally in the tank for Obama, if Palin just holds her own it will be a real achievement. Having to go into the debate with a 2-1 disadvantage is not exactly fair.

The press has basically been actively campaigning for Obama for about 9 full months now. The choice of this "moderator" just shows that they have given up on even pretending to be objective.

It's all a conspiracy! Those media elites report, and they decide! We are nothing but mindless drones, slaves to their choices. And our poor candidate, boxed in and helpless against these ravenous wolves masquerading as the press. Woe is us!!

:icon_roll

Maybe I need to read the Washington Post more?? I don't think so ...

It wouldn't hurt.

Redux

Bite his balls off and spit em in the mods face, that would even impress ME and would be easier to do playing against the stacked deck thats against her. Should obama get in, we are hosed and you still in the military even more so. Do you REALLY think he's on "your side"?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My point is it's "the camp"s jobs to know the moderator.....
Sure; I couldn't agree more. But: they don't.

They also don't know: "PPPPPPP" ... a.k.a. the "7 P's" ... a.k.a. "Proper Preflight Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance" ... :)

Too bad the political "experts" don't know the basics that we live by or die by when we violate them. That's why we -- as military men and women -- rise to the top -- we're the cream. And that's why "they" don't like us ... we're individualists, innovators, smarter than the average bear, and we don't "need" 'em ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.