• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The SHOW: Airlines still a "good gig"??

mad dog

the šŸŖØ šŸ—’ļø āœ‚ļø champion
pilot
Contributor
Has a former cop ever made a run at the Cannonball Run record? @mad dog , I think you've got the requisite gear and experience. Maybe, a quick brush up on contemporary countermeasures, and I think you're ready to go. šŸ˜µ
IMG_3464.jpeg

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Damn...what kind of covered switch on the seat would cause this?

View attachment 40058

Motorized adjustment on the seat track? I donā€™t know a lot about the 787, but in other aircraft I have been VERY careful to lock the seat in position when first sitting down. Some tracks are long enough to keep you from reaching the controls if the seat slides all the way aft. If you had your hands on the yoke (or got pushed into it going forward) in flight, the results would suck.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d put this one down to crew error, rather than adding to the ā€œBoeingā€™s faultā€ media frenzy. Next thing you know, youā€™ll need an FAA inspector aboard to adjust your crew seat position.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Motorized adjustment on the seat track? I donā€™t know a lot about the 787, but in other aircraft I have been VERY careful to lock the seat in position when first sitting down. Some tracks are long enough to keep you from reaching the controls if the seat slides all the way aft. If you had your hands on the yoke (or got pushed into it going forward) in flight, the results would suck.

If thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d put this one down to crew error, rather than adding to the ā€œBoeingā€™s faultā€ media frenzy. Next thing you know, youā€™ll need an FAA inspector aboard to adjust your crew seat position.

Something along those lines happened with an RAF A330 tanker.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This is the result of delayed AC deliveries, planes are full and still making money.

Then why ask pilots to take unpaid leave? Couldn't the active flights just be redistributed amongst those crews? How big a percentage of planned flights are contingent upon newly-delivered aircraft?

Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to airline management- it's always baffled me how mercurial it is, especially when there is clearly a lot of demand. Help me make sense out of that.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to airline management- it's always baffled me how mercurial it is, especially when there is clearly a lot of demand. Help me make sense out of that.
Donā€™t worry, they often are too...

Massive delays in 737 maxā€¦ zero hour lines offered to about 125 Widebody pilots at UAL.

5 787s delayed in 2024 = 757/767, 777 and 787 Pilots offered zero hour lines.

Itā€™s highly suspected that turning off classes for a couple months and now the zero hour lines etc. are levers being pulled by UAL leadership in negotiations for greater discounts and concessions from Boeing. Theres apparently a clause in the max 10 order contract that allows for max 9 to be substituted at ā€œfavorable pricingā€œ.

The greater the Boeing discounts are, the more leverage UAL has to get pricing concessions from Airbus now that AAs favored customer clause has expired and Airbus wonā€™t have to pay AA the difference between what they sell the 321 family for and what they over charged AA back the day. A lot of people would rather UALs 277 Max 10 orders + 200 options get shitcanned for 321neos/XLR but Scott Kirby is a numbers guy and doesnā€™t care what his passengers ride in as long as the bottom line is favorable.

Really wonā€™t be surprised if UAL gets more max 8/9, and more a321s to go along with the same # of Max 10 5-7 years down the road As long as thereā€™s not some economic disaster.

Last edited: