• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Sensitive New Age Pilot

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I think you just summed up the success of South Park in two sentences...

Come to think of it, my little brother did / still kind of does resemble Cartman!

My oldest daughter, when she was only 2 years old, was having some problem opening a small box with a toy inside.

She was not happy.

After losing her temper, her exact words were "Fuck......FUCK IT!.......FUCKING A!!!!!"

My wife said "Young lady! That's not a nice word!"

To which my daughter responded "Daddy says it.":(:(

Wife not happy. Daddy in trouble.

My mother thinks Dad taught us to swear on Boy Scout trips. What she doesn't seem to remember is calling random driver "gutless chickshits/fuckers" on a pretty regular basis... :D

I live with my parents. Every time my mom sees me on AW she calls me out on my "late night obsession". I tried to explain that I feel I know some of you guys better than people in my house but she doesn't get it.

Anyway that's my sensitive new age comment for the day.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I believe there is a difference between cussing for cussing sake and using the full palette of our colorful language appropriately.

Having done primary on an Air Force base I have seen that "pursed disapproval" before, both in my use and volume of language...and it was reflected in my flight commanders comments:

"Ensign (Picklesuit) required some mentorship in terms of professionalism. At times he inappropriately engaged his mouth before his brain. However, this did not detract from his overall solid performance."

Those guys loved me...really.:D

I got a similar remark on my comments. I made a copy of it and it's now magnetically attached to my fridge. Obscenities have their place, and a flight room ought to be one of them.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Here’s a story about SNAP’s … about 6 months ago I had a student, a Marine Captain, burst into tears (no shit, he cried) after the debrief when I told him it was an average flight …

There's no crying in baseball.

MasterBates

I have seen guys get a down KNOWING it would lead to attrition, and not be like that. At least not in public. I'm not exactly the shining example of how to be an Officer, but even I know that is WRONG.

Boom2

pilot
How about the two SMA's (one marine, one navy) who broke into tears on selection day when they didn't get jets, and from what i've heard arrived at south field with less than desirable reputations.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
We had a guy in my class (navy) that did this when he got Prowlers. Truly a disgusting sight to behold. Every Prowler IP in the squadron called their respective buds at the RAG. Not a good way to start.

*note to new guys: We all know each other with about 3 degrees of separation. If you make an ass out of yourself, I promise you that the guy you pissed off knows somebody who can/will affect your future. Don't be a bitch about it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
How about the two SMA's (one marine, one navy) who broke into tears on selection day when they didn't get jets, and from what i've heard arrived at south field with less than desirable reputations.

Names and squadrons please. :icon_smil

Boom2

pilot
however ghey they might be i'm not gonna name drop, their squadrons know who they are, i'll leave it at that.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Wasn't there a few guys in the Navy who got in trouble for writing "offensive" things on bombs in Iraq 1?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
however ghey they might be i'm not gonna name drop, their squadrons know who they are, i'll leave it at that.

I actually heard this kind of shit when I was on watch today. Some IP asked his student what he wanted to fly (close to helo selection). he responds "A-6 intruder, sir". IP wanted to bitch slap him.

Another stud in the duty office said he knew a guy (also in helo advanced in the midst of the syllabus) who if asked would respond similarly with "F/A-18". I mean, seriously?? Do these guys not care that they are basically saying they don't want to be where they are?