• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Sensitive New Age Pilot

AJB37

I think you're being sarcastic here about the A&F wearing.... given what you see on any given day in any town within 10 miles of a Marine Base. (which would be Marines wearing cargo shorts or those new plad shorts with collared AE, A&F, AO, Hurley, Tapout, etc. etc.)don't know about the vege part, doesn't sound very likely for most.

True, I worked with several Marines at an Abercrombie store, some were even aircrew... but the side of their birds say MARINES:eek:

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^THAT IS AFFIRMATIVE! ... thats how we roll. ;) ... oh I remembered to add Banana Republic to the above list... how could I have forgotten them?

brownshoe

Contributor
It wasn't that. It was just the last time I rolled in after hours and slapped my wife on the tail saying, "You're next!", she hit me in the face with a skillet. That kinda thing smarts!:D

At least it wasn't your wife slapping you on your tail saying "You're next" when you'd gotten home.:D

Steve

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
For the record, I still cuss. Not that that's something to be particularly proud of.

I burned too many FLC counts on the other two over the years.

The "notice" is usually delivered by a sheriff. :eek:

Not that I would know about that.:eek:
I think my notice came while I was out of town! :D

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Isn't it ironic that a post complaining about "sensitive" pilots censors the word "fuck"?
FWIW, I don't think there's anything manly or inspiring about cussing. Especially the overuse of Fxxk or any other "offensive" word. I'm not usually offended by cussing in a proper setting or context, but hearing a guy string together a blue streak in a casual setting, with people he doesn't really know sends me a signal not to take him too seriously. George Washington didn't like it and he wasn't a wuss.:cowboy_12

BeanFighter

pilot
I'm sensitive enough to kick your stinkin drunk ass if you smear my religion. :)
I'm not a good Mormon but I know enough of them (and other descent non drinking non f-ing warriors) to say that if you judge a man by what he drinks or how he speaks, you’re an idiot.

S.O.B.

pilot
^^THAT IS AFFIRMATIVE! ... thats how we roll. ;) ... oh I remembered to add Banana Republic to the above list... how could I have forgotten them?

I don't know what your talking about, I thought the Marine Officer off duty uniform was: tucked polo shirt, jean shorts, web belt, toms (aviation glasses), and mandels.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
FWIW, I don't think there's anything manly or inspiring about cussing. Especially the overuse of Fxxk or any other "offensive" word. I'm not usually offended by cussing in a proper setting or context, but hearing a guy string together a blue streak in a casual setting, with people he doesn't really know sends me a signal not to take him too seriously. George Washington didn't like it and he wasn't a wuss.:cowboy_12

If that's the case, why say fuck at all? Either leave it out, or don't censor it.

Ok, my next Guinness is calling.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
COCK! BALLS!

If you're offended by potty mouth, go join the Air Force, where you can talk about "containers" instead of "boxes" (wish I was kidding). Sailors swear. Don't mean you have to - I've known lots of stormin' Mormons in the Navy who were shit-hot officers and aviators - but you can't go into this job with sensitive virgin ears or pursed expressions of disapproval.

donsauga

well there is a level of swearing that is not needed, to where it sounds comical, you know every other word is f this or f that, but once in a while is okay but it all depends who is using it and in what context or situation, and yes i blank out the f bomb... sue me

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
COCK! BALLS!

If you're offended by potty mouth, go join the Air Force, where you can talk about "containers" instead of "boxes" (wish I was kidding). Sailors swear. Don't mean you have to - I've known lots of stormin' Mormons in the Navy who were shit-hot officers and aviators - but you can't go into this job with sensitive virgin ears or pursed expressions of disapproval.
Then why am I forced to call my dykes diagonal cutters? ;)

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
COCK! BALLS!

I actually had a roommate at OCS ask me to refrain from using the f-word. Sometimes I wonder what people thought they were getting themselves into...