• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Sack Lunches

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
That story reminds me....recently I was standing in line at the theater behind a group of about 6 or 7 middle school aged kids. One of the boys dropped his drink on some lady's leg, getting coke all over her. She just stood there looking like she wanted to cry (she was a larger person). They all thought it was pretty hilarious until I spoke up and said, "I'm not asking, apologize to this lady, go get a mop from the management, and get some towels for this lady to dry off with." They stopped laughing at that point. Wish I had been at Taco Bell when the drink got poured on that sailor.

Lobster

That story reminds me....recently I was standing in line at the theater behind a group of about 6 or 7 middle school aged kids. One of the boys dropped his drink on some lady's leg, getting coke all over her. She just stood there looking like she wanted to cry (she was a larger person). They all thought it was pretty hilarious until I spoke up and said, "I'm not asking, apologize to this lady, go get a mop from the management, and get some towels for this lady to dry off with." They stopped laughing at that point. Wish I had been at Taco Bell when the drink got poured on that sailor.

Case and point why spankings should be handed out by parents

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Case and point why spankings should be handed out by parents

The WORST is when some stranger has to tell the kids to STFU/behave/etc and the parents attack the stranger for attempting to put the kid in his place and teach him a lesson about decency/manners.

"Don't you talk to my Johnny like that! We're a "free spirited family" and we believe in letting our child have the freedom to express himself! Even if that means screaming in restaurants/insulting or hitting people etc! HOW DARE YOU?!"

Unbelievable how you need 0 qualifications to be a parent. If children act inappropriately, I think we should just start punching the parents in the gonads.

Lobster

The WORST is when some stranger has to tell the kids to STFU/behave/etc and the parents attack the stranger for attempting to put the kid in his place and teach him a lesson about decency/manners.

"Don't you talk to my Johnny like that! We're a "free spirited family" and we believe in letting our child have the freedom to express himself! Even if that means screaming in restaurants/insulting or hitting people etc! HOW DARE YOU?!"

Unbelievable how you need 0 qualifications to be a parent. If children act inappropriately, I think we should just start punching the parents in the gonads.

Free spirited family my a$$, I'm trying to enjoy my 99 cent tacos and cinnamon twists, tell your kid to stop acting like a primate in public

m0tbaillie

Former SWO

I absolutely would have said something. I know people think it's cool to be "edgy" and make a "statement" and all, but you can still have your opinion without out-right committing assault and disrespecting someone with that immense act of douchebaggery.

Too many people in public are too complacent and get stricken with Genovese Syndrome when something like that goes down and it's unfortunate. F-that, I bet if he was with a couple of his buddies that husband would have leashed his wife.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
The mean acts towards service members still happens to this day. At my last command, a training command, we had a student who was in his blues (or whites I don't remember) and he was eating at Taco Bell. A lady with her husband and two small children walked up to the young Sailor just out of boot camp and poured her drink all over him. He did nothing nor said anything back at the lady. Good on his part for not making a scene that you know would have ended up on the news about how a Sailor was disrespectful. Bad on the lady for being a douche.

I can honestly say if I saw that in person I'd probably punch her in the face, then throw her car keys on the roof of the building next door.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Would it be acceptable to kick the husband's ass?
If she's the one dumping her drink and he's letting her, his ass was kicked long ago, about the time she removed his balls. What ever you do isn't going to make much of a difference. Besides, I'm a firm believer in equal rights, not kicking HER ass would be discrimination and we can't have that.:D