• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

the process....

Status
Not open for further replies.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I just got the reply email. He says the next meeting is on Nov. 8 @ 0800. So at the meeting, I just show up and sign some papers and begin?

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
lol. Yeah sorry, will do.

Anyways yeah do i just show up, sign some papers, and begin?
How long does it usually last?
My grandparents are visiting that Saturday, and I haven't seen them for a while.
I'm just wondering what exactly goes on in that meeting.

confused_pilot

Low,
CALM DOWN, you need to enjoy high school while doing all of this. The navy does like well rounded people. As far as NROTC goes, it really depends on what you like. I currently am committed in NROTC a regret it slightly since my flight slot is not a lock yet, but it is giving me good preparation for the GRIN and BEAR it side of the navy. From what I have read BDCP sounds like a good idea for us folks who eat sleep and breath flying. Also if that is the case, I know how badly you want to do sea cadets, since you seem to be rushing into it, look at CAP. It might be part of the air force, but on the bright side you get to fly, CHEAP. I am not too familiar with sea cadets, but from what I understand flying in not in the program. Being in college now, I would trade flying for anything since it is my major. One plus of NROTC, and its only the NROTC not AF or army, is that they pay you flight fees at school!! Which in my case, cost more than my tution, plus it beats real class!. So if you insist in staying in Cali, try San Jose State. Before you jump into anything, DO SOME RESEARCH!!! Once you are in, you are in!!! Best of luck, see you in the skies.
Tony

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
thanks confused, but why does BDCP GUARANTEE a slot in SNA?

And trust me, i'm enjoying high school a lot more than it sounds.
batman_125.gif

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's how BDCP works... you apply directly into the communities you are interested in. You don't have to commit until you know which communities have accepted you. IT'S GREAT!

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Oohh, I see... hmmm... Well, I'll get multiple opinions first. It sounds cool but NROTC... I don't know. I feel more compelled to go in that direction. We'll see. Thanks though!

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
NROTC will actually try to groom you into being a capapble junior officer. You have 4 years of leadership training (good at some units not so good at others). While you are not guarenteed a SNA slot, the chances are high that you will get one, as long as you keep yourself competetive.

BDCP is great, if all you want to do is go to college, pay for college, and then have to get all of your experience and knowlege about the navy in 13 weeks of OCS. It just depends on your personality.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I've always been competitive, and I like the idea of being challenged and groomed into the officer that the Navy looks for. 13 weeks is only 91 days. 4 years is 1460 days. I still feel a bit iffy about BDCP, but for now, I still have to worry about the Sea Cadets. Not to say that I'm worried. I've just got more important things at the time being, but thanks a crack-load for the info! Wish me luck for Nov 22nd!

av8tor

BDCP = Guarteented PILOT SLOT As an aside, TOP GUN rules. Secretly every pilot and NFO owns a copy, but will never publically admit it. Hell, I got a paper route at age 13 after seeing that to save for flying lessons in a Traumahawk.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
C'mon people! Keep this thread alive! So after college with school paid for n' everything, do you just go straight to OCS? What happens after boot camp n' so on.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
NROTC, USNA = no OCS you did at least 4 yeasrs of leadership training

BDCP or just out of college = OCS

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, after college you go straight to OCS. Like bch said, ROTC and Academy folks do not go to OCS, they instead start training for their respective designator (NFO, NA, SWO, ect). OCS people start training when they graduate from OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.