• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Old Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

I like it....reminds me of my father (767 Captain and Line Check Airman for Delta). Hopefully that will be me in around 25 yrs or so.

He also liked it and copied and sent it to some of his fellow empployees.

Also, how were your eyes 1 week post op?

YEAH COME ON!!

JTP

YOU CAUGHT ME!! I do that every hour or so. That's funny. Thanks, I appreciate your input and words.

YEAH COME ON!!

ghost_ttu

I think we are all SICK!!! I do catch myself doing that, does anyone know if the Navy can let you know what things they are looking for on medical? I know that next Tuesday my application will be decided on. If they come back with yes, I probably won't go to OCS until March, or April 03 (I heard yesterday the dates are to March now). But I know the Navy takes like a reading from your gums, I want to know all the little things they check so I can have that checked before I sign so that I have confidense nothing trivial like that is going to DQ me after OCS.

ghost_ttu

Matt:

I'm talking about the flight physical, I know I'm good for OCS. But I know they check a reading from your gums, and I haven't been to the dentist in forever. Also I have a fake tooth, and a medal rod in my tooth from a root canal, will that be an issue? I just don't want to go through OCS and then get DQ'd during my flight physical.

Brooklyn

ghost,
You mentioned that if accepted, your OCS date would be March-April of next year. Is that what your recruiter told you is true for all NA slots? If so, did he say why the long wait? I want to know because if this is accurate, I turn 27 in July '03 and that means there's no chance for me to be commissioned on time should I decide to go. I have not seen a recruiter yet. Please contact me at navygold@mac.com when you can. Thanks in advance.

ghost_ttu

Brook:

You need to get your butt to the rec ASAP, no offense, but if you want to wait until after Tuesday *angelic grin* that would be ok. But you have ATLEAST 2 weeks of application time. They were telling me there will be no more slots for 03 fiscal by June. If you are that close that would squeeze you in to accomodate your birthdate. But you are pushing it. Hate to say it, but Air Force is 28.5 age limit....

Yes I got the Mar 03 from the rec. they have OCS spots, but they have a backlog of pilots, so they don't want to pay people to sit around waiting to go to API or Primary.

spidrwmn

Oh, so if I went, say SWO or NFO, then the availability of spots for OCS would be different? Just wondering, because its going to be the end of the summer (hopefully) before I can get my app. together (don't graduate until Dec. 02). Thanks!

- spider

ghost_ttu

Spider, that is a horse of a different color. I don't know what the NFO age requ. is. But the pilot requirement is 27. So if you don't grad till Dec 02 and you aren't going for an SNA slot, then they will get you in faster.

DMan

I've read several messages in different forums on this website that mentioned getting a Flight Physical AFTER being offered a guaranteed SNA contract and actually in or after OCS.

I thought you take the Flight Physical when you go to your recruiter or OSO (Officer Selection Officer for USMC), before you put in your application just to be considered for a flight contract. I was wondering if I was wrong about that.

I'm sure they will give you a Flight Physical before API/ Ground School. Does it mean the Flight Physical you take before turning in your application is only for reference and not officical? Or only the USMC let you take a Flight Physical before putting in application and going to OCS?

DMan

Status
Not open for further replies.