• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The New Falcon?

Skidtz

Puddle Pirate
Maybe this could be our new ADIZ interceptor?

:)

http://www.aopa.org/

Honda turns to AOPA for unveiling of radical new jet

When it was ready to tell the world about its all-new light business jet under development for more than a decade, Honda turned to AOPA Pilot.
...The unusual airplane is the cover story of the August issue of AOPA Pilot, which is in the mail this week to AOPA members worldwide.
...This radical airplane design carries aerodynamic tricks that will be of interest to any pilot. As part of its coverage AOPA Pilot was given an exclusive interview with the jet's designer, Michimasa Fujino. During the interview, Fujino described the airplane's unique laminar-flow nose, the radical over-the-wing engine mounting system that most others said couldn't be done, and the Honda-developed and patented natural laminar flow wing design. The airplane is powered by a pair of Honda HF-118 engines, which are being certificated under an agreement with General Electric. Honda has not yet made a decision to manufacture the HondaJet but may do so within a few months. The airplane will make its debut during a three-hour visit to EAA AirVenture next Thursday, July 28.

Attachments

• 050720hondajet1.jpg
    050720hondajet1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 050720hondajet3.jpg
    050720hondajet3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 157

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Speaking of Falcons, one flew over rea low while I was on the high bridge on the way into work this morning, pretty cool sight.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Speaking of Falcons, one flew over rea low while I was on the high bridge on the way into work this morning, pretty cool sight.
What's a falcon?

Brett

Skidtz

Puddle Pirate
LOL - I couldn't tell ya. I've been workin' for the Navy ever since I got my commission. SEPTEMBER 16TH projected wing date, BABY, YEAH!!!

Texas_Flyer

???????????

Skidtz,
You have people thinking all the way in Corpus that this Honda jet is a possible replacement for the HU-25.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Can anybody inform me as to what benefits the over-wing engine placement gives the Honda bird...or is this just a way for them to hot dog and show boat?

contrail_dash

The Deepwater program is so screwed up that I doubt we'll see any new aircraft in the Coast Guard anytime soon. They were looking pretty serious at some Bell-Augusta helicopter, but that project just got canned. The 65's are getting re-engined (about 20 years late), the 60's are staying around, and they are trying to figure out how to put the C-130Js into the fleet. Right now those are just sitting at CGAS Elizabeth city (at AR&SC), doing random non-mission jobs. They are getting rid of some of the older block model 130's though at E-City, and the word is they might just use the J's to replace them. I haven't heard anything about the HU-25's at all. So who knows.

Skidtz

Puddle Pirate
Texas_Flyer said:
Skidtz,
You have people thinking all the way in Corpus that this Honda jet is a possible replacement for the HU-25.

LOL! I knew they sent all the illiterates to Corpus... ;)