• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Rent a car, they aren't that expensive.

Budget Rent a Car: $20 one way rental of a Ford Fusion, unlimited miles. Add $24.99 for insurance if your USAA policy, credit card or whatever doesn't cover it. Probably break even with the Hound when you factor in gas, but the peace of mind is better, no?

Pick up at JAX FRI 28MAR, drop off at Knoxville Airport SAT29MAR. Then either get a cab, or Budget to drop you off at the dealership? Anyways, I would recommend that.

www.budget.com

Well, guess you are renting a plane, never mind.

brownshoe

Contributor
Sure, going by Greyhound is great. I traveled on the bus many times with no problems at all. The depots were great, with nice agents and the depots all had pretty good restaurants. SP’s were everywhere to look out for you. The busses were clean, the rest rooms were clean, the drivers were nice and courteous, passengers were friendly and most were well dressed. Sure no problem, take the bus. Oh wait… the last bus trip I took was in 1967.:D

Steve

bluesig1

sure thing
None
fly into Nashville(the cost should be cheaper than knoxville) and then rent a car and drive to knowxville, thats only a 2 hr drive on the interstate.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
One of my friends picked up the callsign greyhound because he 'had' to ride the bus from key west to meridian. Its a pretty funny story but I'll let him tell it if he is up for it.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
This could be pretty budget

110397.jpg

Njc242

Monster COD thread

Glad I did the search function =) save myself a lot of hassle.

I am wondering if there are currently any Cod Drivers in the forums?
If so, or if anyone has been there done that, what is their opinion on this fine bird?
Not saying much but back when I use to fly FS9 for a little squad, I loved flying her and doing traps.
Maybe I missed something about her being retired but if not than what is it like flying her? or in general what is it like?
Is this the only Carrier Onboard Delivery system we use?

Thanks

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Glad I did the search function =) save myself a lot of hassle.

I am wondering if there are currently any Cod Drivers in the forums?
If so, or if anyone has been there done that, what is their opinion on this fine bird?
Not saying much but back when I use to fly FS9 for a little squad, I loved flying her and doing traps.
Maybe I missed something about her being retired but if not than what is it like flying her? or in general what is it like?
Is this the only Carrier Onboard Delivery system we use?

Thanks

I've got about 1800hrs in the C-2A(R) and IMO, it's a big, flying piece of shit. The shore based life is what makes it bearable. Even flying straight and level takes work in the C-2A. It's a tough plane though. Unfortunetly, the leadership in the community is very weak as well though that might be a Navy wide issue.