• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Longest Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike26

I am just curious, how long have most of you been waiting to hear about your OCS packages? I have been waiting almost 2 and a half months, granted I had to retake the test because they lost my anwser sheet but found it after I sent my second test in. Anyways, for a normal package without any crazy problems, what has been the longest wait? Who is the winner?

Hartman

I think this varies, and that it's all just part of the crap shoot. I waited about 10 days until I got a response. A 2.5 month wait isn't by any means a bad sign though. If they definitely wanted to reject you, they would have informed you long ago.

Are you waiting on any kind of a waiver?

ryan77

Don't worry Mike, I waited about 3 months before hearing back from the board. I understand the board meets on a fairly irregular basis. They'll be quiet for months then make a lot of decisions.

Goliath112

this is true. My package goes up for the AMDO board Friday. and the AMDO community manager called me and told me that they have real irregular schedules.

man the wait is killing me

vballindaytona

crap, i used to be an advanced member, now im back down to junior member, guess john saw my post about kicking ocs for a girl ;)

jonathan

ghost_ttu

When did you put your package in?

Originally posted by jwilliamsee
I found out the same day my recruiter sent my package up to the board. I have an 8 month wait now for ocs.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

FlyGirl

Guess I was a lucky one too...it took 4 days to find out if I was accepted after submitting my package. However, I submitted back in late April and can't go til Feb 2003 :(

rhollin1

Wow, four days? That's pretty damn amazing. I can only hope that they torture me for only 4 days.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

jaznups

Whoa that's really a short time...
I hope the torture is that short for me!
That's if I ever can get my Accession interview underway...
(I mean it is but I think I'm just getting antsy...)

Jaz

There are two kinds of people that amaze me -- those that know absolutely everything and those that know absolutely nothing.

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
Took me 8 days back in July, including the 4th of July weekend. Sounds like all the spring and summer apps are much quicker, as there aren't nearly as many people applying.

ghost_ttu

I just got an email from my recruiter saying that he has not heard anything on my application. But they got the new numbers and there are only 46 pilot slots nation wide. So I think my chances just got shot down pretty hard. Just wait and see what happens.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Status
Not open for further replies.