• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Hurt Locker

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
This movie is currently showing up here in Seattle. I've read good reviews, but has anyone actually seen this movie?

If so, worth the ticket price and air conditioning or get it on Netflix?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This movie is currently showing up here in Seattle. I've read good reviews, but has anyone actually seen this movie?

I hear good things - haven't seen it yet.

Brett

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
I guess I'll go see it and report back for anyone interested.

Side bar: What's the damn tempature there? It is presently 85 here.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess I'll go see it and report back for anyone interested.

Side bar: What's the damn tempature there? It is presently 85 here.

It's presently 82 in my house, but the room I'm in has a lot of gear in it and is running about 10 degrees warmer. :eek:

Brett

lmnop

I saw a haji copy a little while ago. The things I did like are that the film doesn't politicize the conflict and does a pretty fair job of capturing the general flavor of Iraq. Much of the EOD stuff is pure fantasy land Hollywood BS, but that's to be expected. It's a decent action flick, and I might have enjoyed it if I was able to suspend disbelief and just go with it.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw it last weekend - good flick. Doesn't have a political axe to grind, left or right, just tells a good story. I'll leave the EOD technicalities to the brothers who know, but I didn't see anything that made me roll my eyes.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I hear good things - haven't seen it yet.

Brett

Gee, maybe you two ought to agree to meet and beat the heat in a cool movie theatre?

I saw it last weekend - good flick. Doesn't have a political axe to grind, left or right, just tells a good story. I'll leave the EOD technicalities to the brothers who know, but I didn't see anything that made me roll my eyes.

Like the movie TOP GUN, the Hollywoodization of any subject takes a lot of liberties with the real deal to appeal to a general audience, but if it gets you (those in the community) respect or interest, then it meets the director/producers' objective.

As the director of TOP GUN said to senior military advisor when he pointed out that the markings they chose to paint on tail of Tomcat used in film was actually an E-2 squadron and wouldn't sit well with fighter community, his comment was "I'm not making the movie for them, I'm making it to be a hit with general population". Same thing happened when he selected patches for Maverick's flight jacket that hardly depict a Tomcat pilot biography (note USMC patch).

topgun.jpg

Lawman

None
Honestly EOD is one of those things like interrogations and other things Id rather the bad guys not be able to watch a movie and figure out how we do it.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Like the movie TOP GUN, the Hollywoodization of any subject takes a lot of liberties with the real deal to appeal to a general audience, but if it gets you (those in the community) respect or interest, then it meets the director/producers' objective.

As the director of TOP GUN said to senior military advisor when he pointed out that the markings they chose to paint on tail of Tomcat used in filimg was actually an E-2 squadron and wouldn't sit well with fighter community, his comment was "I'm not making the movie for them, I'm making it to be a hit with general population". Same thing happened when he selected patches for Maverick's flight jacket that hardly depict a Tomcat pilot biography (note USMC patch).

topgun.jpg

Of course the fact that the hot babe was hanging all over a fighter guy was a dead giveaway the movie was pure fiction, because in reality, the good looking chicks always trolled through the Medium Attack community looking to score a Bombardier / Navigator...