• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Height Question~

Bunshine

Hey all,

I'm a college student pursuing a future in aviation. However, there's a question I have regarding height as the title of this post may suggest. I've usually seen the height requirement for Student Naval Officers to be 62". Funny enough, I'm right just above the 62" mark by a few notches, but I'm unsure how that would even be applied to flight school? I know the real deal breaker is through the anthropometric measurements done to see whether or not your specific measurements are compatible with certain aircraft, and it's sort of pointless to try and take those measurements yourself since the medical examination done down in Pensacola is through more 'specific' devices and dare I say it, *magic*. I've seen a few comments sharing a table of basic height measurements for SNAs and SNFOs, and the SNFO's basic height requirement being 60" (of course, which is not restrictive to those who are taller, but who fail the SNA anthropometric measurements if I read correctly). On one public article the basic height requirement for females pursuing Naval Aviation was 58", and I've also seen a few comments on threads on this forum page sharing the same information. However, when I search for documentation to back it up, I'm left pretty much empty handed with the whole 58" thing. Is this true- I'm wondering because I'm female haha- and is this type of thing documented on some sort of Naval Database? The only type of documentation I've heard regarding measurements is the NAVAIRINST 37910.D and one other form that I don't remember the name of.. I also can't find any public copy of the NAVAIRINST document even when clicking some comments of previous posts. The chances of getting into fighters as a short person is probably miniscule as far as I've researched, is that true? If accepted into a flight training program as a commissioned officer in the Navy, I would go for anything obviously.

I've also had many people telling me to go the Marine route vs the Navy route when getting into aviation because they give you a better chance of selecting which type of aircraft you want. Is this true?

Many thanks, I'd love to hear from people with some knowledge and experience!