• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Flight Jacket Thread (wearing/buying Leather, NOMEX, WEP jackets/patches)

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Good afternoon, gentlemen.... Bunk, sir....

In the Prowler community I see a T-O-N of patch covered jackets from the squids. More often than not a guy's greenie has many patches. Maybe it is Grumman pride (as steel-works patches are often in there at least once).

Sorry to inturrept, gentleman, continue. By your leave, G'Day....

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
That is one "urge" that I resisted. That and white shoes/belt for civies. :)

I always pictured A4s hanging out on liberty in these bad boys....

P10805557.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
In the Prowler community I see a T-O-N of patch covered jackets from the squids. More often than not a guy's greenie has many patches. Maybe it is Grumman pride (as steel-works patches are often in there at least once).

Of course I've got a Grumman Iron works patch on there....thats a trade mark if you have flown a Grumman :D It's my green jacket. My leather jacket has two patches, forced on their by our API OIC back in 93. It was winter time, cold for P-cola so we wore our leather jackets. However, in order to wear them, we had to have the flag and US Navy patch sewn on each arm. Not the little patches mind you, the biggest fucking patches that would fit. Just left them on, didn't want it to show on the leather if taken off. BTW, he was a former a Marine which might have had something to do with it :p

Redux

*sigh* .... I weep for the future of Naval Aviation.

40689788yd8.jpg

Yeah but back in the olden days EVERYBODY knew someone that owned a pair of them things. Their name was either "Smitty" or "Merle". I bet they even trucked up and down Magsaysay St. from the Mexico Bar, past New Jolo's clean out to the Tom Tom when it was all mud streets. :D

phrogpilot73

BTW, he was a former a Marine which might have had something to do with it :p
Doubt it. Have you seen the minimalism that the USMC is into? Our regs allow three patches total on flight suits (wings, squadron, plus one shoulder patch), and two patches on jackets (wings and squadron). Sounds to me like he drank the Navy Kool Aid. What a horrible ruin of a leather jacket. PSW just got me one from Oxford Leather Shop, and it's NICE in case you're looking to replace it...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah but back in the olden days EVERYBODY ..... trucked up and down Magsaysay St. from the Mexico Bar, past New Jolo's clean out to the Tom Tom when it was all mud streets. :D

Mud streets -- made it tough on the "ladies" when going home. Who knew that asphalt and martial law were ultimately good for somethin' .... :)

And I KNOW I made it past Jolo's ... I just not sure that I remember it. :D

That place was a freakin' vortex.

Redux

Mud streets -- made it tough on the "ladies" when going home. Who knew that asphalt and martial law were ultimately good for somethin' .... :)

And I KNOW I made it past Jolo's ... I just not sure that I remember it. :D

That place was a freakin' vortex.

:D Which joint had the Feed The Baby Croc pit in front of it? Mud streets were part of it's appeal, some things in life just shouldn't be tampered with.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
:D Which joint had the Feed The Baby Croc pit in front of it? Mud streets were part of it's appeal, some things in life just shouldn't be tampered with.

You mean feed the baby duck to the "smallish" alligator??? First bar to the right after you crossed the Bridge Over Shit River, scratchin' my head for the name. But it seemed the 'gator was never too interested in the balut rejects as he just looked at us on each and every attempt to assist Mother nature and the food chain. Probably too full .... ???

After witnessing his (her?) gastronomical shortcomings a couple of times, we grew bored and usually just blew right on past the stink-tank the 'gator "lived" in w/ the cries of .... "HEY JOE, you sell your watch?? Your ring?? Buy cigarettes?? Something for your head?? Buy my sister??" ... ringing in our ears ... :D

olongapobf3.jpg

Redux

I just noticed this - at least it just connected. If memory serves, the Tom Tom Club was a favorite hangout for bubbleheads ... you were a submariner??

Nope, I saw that in "SubicSeek" I don't remember ever seeing a bubblehead there. CAG 3 squadrons pretty much owned the place, even AIMD. A retired blackshoe named "Charlie" and his "wife" (leopard skin coat in the PI) owned it. I'm certain it was in her name since "roundeyes" couldn't own property.

Should you go back and see "Regina" tell her I love her no shit and I'm still working on my fathers yacht to come and get her. :eek: I would have been there 36 years ago but it's still broke. :)

Redux

You mean feed the baby duck to the "smallish" alligator??? First bar to the right after you crossed the Bridge Over Shit River, scratchin' my head for the name. But it seemed the 'gator was never too interested in the balut rejects as he just looked at us on each and every attempt to assist Mother nature and the food chain. Probably too full .... ???

After witnessing his (her?) gastronomical shortcomings a couple of times, we grew bored and usually just blew right on past the stink-tank the 'gator "lived" in w/ the cries of .... "HEY JOE, you sell your watch?? Your ring?? Buy cigarettes?? Something for your head?? Buy my sister??" ... ringing in our ears ... :D

Croc, alligator, is there really a difference? Nothing pissed the "vendor" off
like some drunk biting the ducks head off. Once dead they couldn't recycle them. :D

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's a bubblehead who always wanted to fly...sorry for the big pic, but he's even got a nametage made up for his "flight jacket".....

080415-N-0780F-002.jpg