• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Video Thread...

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Nice video - some others posted by the same person are pretty interesting as well.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
What was the flight control waggle on the first Hornet? One last BIT before launch or just the pilot wiping everything out?

Yeah, like was said, final wipeout.....and they are nazis. I have been suspended at night for not doing rudders well enough. Yours truly was just trying to survive after not flying around the boat for 3 weeks while on beach det. My wingman, DCAG, had already launched 5+ minutes earlier and still managed to hear it all go down (button 2 creeper). Lots of clowning from him in the "debrief", good dude, knew how to drive home the point not being an idiot after 6 months of cruise without being an a hole. Shortly after said 2nd launch attempt, I got gear that wouldn't come up, fuel that wouldn't transfer, a bad motor, and basically an impromptu NATOPS check on murphy's terms........gotta love naval aviation sometimes :)

Shortly after said 2nd launch attempt, I got gear that wouldn't come up, fuel that wouldn't transfer, a bad motor, and basically an impromptu NATOPS check on murphy's terms........gotta love naval aviation sometimes :)

ugh

disgusted.jpg

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
What an incredible collection of aircraft types. Even a Convair CV-880 in there at 2:44.

jmcquate

Contributor
Cool..........C-119, C-123, C-130, C-141, RF-4C, Caribous, B-57, Helio Courier, A-1, Cessna Skymaster, Hueys, DC-3, DC-4..........and some room temperature sappers.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
According to the vid the -18 is actually guiding the missile on to the target (apparently this is necessary since the target is moving).

Is there an unclass explanation of how this works?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting comments on Information Dissemination regarding this repurpose of the old TASM.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I read the USNI link, just kind of scant on details but I'm guessing a lot of it is classified.

Still very cool though.