• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Dry Tortugas

We did some laps around the Dry Tortugas on the way down to Key West yesterday...fun stuff!

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

http://www.nps.gov/drto/historyculture/index.htm

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We did some laps around the Dry Tortugas on the way down to Key West yesterday...fun stuff!

IMAG0019.jpg

http://www.nps.gov/drto/historyculture/index.htm

Speaking of seaplanes... there are a couple of different services that will fly you out to Ft Jefferson for the day. Beats the long-ass ferry ride, and you get better views on the way.

If you're in Key West, Ft Jefferson is definitely worth the visit.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Speaking of seaplanes... there are a couple of different services that will fly you out to Ft Jefferson for the day. Beats the long-ass ferry ride, and you get better views on the way.

If you're in Key West, Ft Jefferson is definitely worth the visit.

Second that! Mrs. Pags and I did that a few years ago (before she was Mrs. Pags). Well worth the coin. Was a great ride and a great way to spend an afternoon.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Some pics from my recent trip to the PNW.

-ea6bflyr ;)

img4664z.jpg

Prowlers and Growlers, oh my.

img4709o.jpg

New NAS Whidbey Welcome sign (L: A-6 R: EA-6B)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VF-151 Phantom and Bear D
Bear-D-DN-SC-85-06070-S.jpg
No, not me. But it's a nice photo. And it was my old squadron about the same timeframe I was there.

I have wondered when that photo was taken, since the F-4 has an older BuNo than usual for our squadron at the time. And it doesn't show up in my logbook for my two cruises with VF-151.

I suspect it was in rework being converted F-4B to F4-N during my cruises, and the photo was taken just after I left the squadron on its next cruise (foreward deployment to Yokosuka) transpac.

Related link

markkyle66

I read that you guys could hear the Bear's engines from inside the 'pit of the phantoms, any truth to that? Must've been really loud :eek:

nugget61

pilot
I read that you guys could hear the Bear's engines from inside the 'pit of the phantoms, any truth to that? Must've been really loud :eek:

Don't counter rotating props (at least the older ones) make a heluva lot of noise? Being that close not withstanding.

bbf7b2

pilot
Don't counter rotating props (at least the older ones) make a heluva lot of noise? Being that close not withstanding.

That would make sense since anytime a prop cuts through disturbed airflow it is much louder than it would otherwise be. This is why aircraft with pusher-props are always loud because the wing disturbs the air before in reaches the prop. In that configuration the rear prop would be working through some very disturbed airflow and would likely be very loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.