• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

disease free
web_090423-N-0506A-270.jpg

090423-N-0506A-270 GRAND BARA, Djibouti (April 23, 2009) A Marine Corps CH-53E Super Stallion helicopter assigned to Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron (HMH) 461 approaches an Air Force C-130P aircraft from the 81st Rescue Squadron during a helicopter air refueling mission. 13,800 pounds of fuel was delivered to the helicopter during the 45-minute mission. Both aircraft are assigned to the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa area of responsibility. (U.S. Navy photo by Jesse B. Awalt/Released)

why are his wheels down?

markkyle66

A while back I picked up a book called Operational history of the A-6 Intruder, great reading/photos! Inspired me to post some Intruder lovin' ...

Attachments

• 533_A-6As1971.jpg
    533_A-6As1971.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 109
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 86
  • a6e_2-approach.jpg
    a6e_2-approach.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 116
  • A-6.jpg
    A-6.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 116
  • lodingama4s_.jpg
    lodingama4s_.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 92

MH-Z

pilot
He sure does. My Boss did a det where Mr. Carlson came along and took some great shots. I've never seen a shot of his that wasn't outstanding. He needs to get an account on here.

I'll mention it to him next time he comes out with us. We're in the middle of replacing all the 60B pictures with the 60R pictures in the squadron and training building. I know some of the old timers here may want to lay claim to those pictures being replaced!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
They may be broken and just pinned down. I know the Deltas had that problem all the time.

I've wondered the same thing when we have refueled Shitters ... some leave em down, some pull em up ...

E5B, what's the deal?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Are the T-39's flown by contract pilots? If so, how does one get that gig?

Most of the T-39 drivers are retired 0-6's. One of the senior guys (a relative term since they are all "experienced") I flew with last week was Air Ops on Ranger in '72, Doug B, former West Coast A-4 driver.

Good bunch of guys.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are the T-39's flown by contract pilots? If so, how does one get that gig?

We do have two active duty LCDR pilots at the wing that fly the SkyPig. That's the gig you really want. When I was a student, way back when, we had a retired Blue Angels Skipper as a contract pilot. As Hozer said, the contract pilots are good dudes and a pleasure to fly with. They also have some pretty good BTDT stories.

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since we are talking about T-39's, here are a few Orange & White pics I took in Mobile.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.