• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On another day in the Godforsaken Summer Monsoon, we decided to pay our solitary Screwtop a call

Screwtop.jpg

HJ Photo

That was always nice when our Hornet buddies would join up with us for the trip back to the stack. One day, we'd left the dome turning (though the radar was in standby) and after a couple of minutes of cruising along, we get a call-up from the Bugs on CAG Common.
Them: "602, your radar's off, right?"
Us: "Yep, it's in standby"
Them: (long pause) "Okay...then why is my junk tingling?"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Why would it need to be off?

Lots of 'trons and "free radicals" whizzing through your DNA is never a good thing. I've heard a story of chains sparking on the flight deck of a SPY ship, so there's lots of unwanted energy being put out.

exhelodrvr

pilot
That was always nice when our Hornet buddies would join up with us for the trip back to the stack. One day, we'd left the dome turning (though the radar was in standby) and after a couple of minutes of cruising along, we get a call-up from the Bugs on CAG Common.

Hawkeye wannabe?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot

I was told that an easy way to tick off an E-2 NFO was to join up on them for the overhead. When the NFO sees a pointy nose through their peep hole, he knows that the pilot will try his best to improve his SHB skills...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I was told that an easy way to tick off an E-2 NFO was to join up on them for the overhead. When the NFO sees a pointy nose through their peep hole, he knows that the pilot will try his best to improve his SHB skills...

And why would that tick off the NFOs?

brownshoe

Contributor
Some classics sent to me from my girlfriend's father.
n68601547_31776163_8957.jpg
VA-174 HellRazors

I was flooded with memories seeing this picture, VA-174 was in my squadron’s air wing. They were a neighbor in hangar 67 and on the flight line at Cecil. Was your girlfriend’s father in 174, or in another squadron in that air wing? AD = CAW-4 in my day.

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
I was flooded with memories seeing this picture, VA-174 was in my squadron’s air wing. They were a neighbor in hangar 67 and on the flight line at Cecil. Was your girlfriend’s father in 174, or in another squadron in that air wing? AD = CAW-4 in my day.

Steve

Thanks for the PM, and the names, LGPP. (One rang a bell.) Would, ah, your girlfriend's, father have any other CAW-4 photos?:) :D

Steve

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Cavemen-Unfrozen-Lawyer-web.jpg

I'm just a lowly caveman MPA pilot type......

but isn't that Corsair dangerously close to the fan tail??? I'm guessing that's what MB and SingleSeat were talking about.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...but isn't that Corsair dangerously close to the fan tail??? I'm guessing that's what MB and SingleSeat were talking about.
YES.

Looks like a TAXI-1 to me ... you can see the "smoke" from the touchdown @ halfway between the round-down and the #1 wire ... that's a guaranteed NO GRADE in my book, if not in fact a CUT PASS (not to be confused w/ a "cut" when taking a recip aboard) .... :)

My only "surprise" is the apparent "calm" emanating from the LSO Platform ... were I waving this particular pass -- I'd probably be 4-5 feet in the air screaming my lungs out w/calls of:

"POWER, POWER, POWER!!!"

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Sir(s)...

please elucidate us on "Taxi-1"..... I think I can extrapolate that's it's not something good. Also... it's a pretty good bet that it's a RAG stud in that A-7....right?? Thirdly, A4s, why in the hell are the LSOs so far away from the platform??? Do you guys have a wave off pickle with an extension cord??

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Landing then...rolling into the one wire....is a Taxi-1 and bad ju-ju. :eek:

You're supposed to touch down with your hook just before the three wire.

I had one pass like that....with current COMNAVAIRFOR in an F-14D at night. Went out looking for the hook touchdown mark the next day. Found it 6 feet from the round down. :icon_rage

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
YES.

... that's a guaranteed NO GRADE in my book, if not in fact a CUT PASS (not to be confused w/ a "cut" when taking a recip aboard) .... :)
"POWER, POWER, POWER!!!"

I'm no LSO, but I immediately thought the same thing: Taxi-1, CUT PASS! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That pass will sure stand out on the RR's Greenie Board! :paperbag_

Status
Not open for further replies.