• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA-28III

Pro-Rec SNA with BDCP
Some pictures from a Fairchild AFB (Spokane WA) air show last summer. The first one is just a picture I took while flying to Spokane International. While I was flying I heard ATC make a radio call to a Blue Angel, although I was in a C-152 I felt kind of cool.

Attachments

• Pictures from my camera 129.jpg
    Pictures from my camera 129.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Pictures from my camera 155.jpg
    Pictures from my camera 155.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Pictures from my camera 161.jpg
    Pictures from my camera 161.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Pictures from my camera 150.jpg
    Pictures from my camera 150.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Pictures from my camera 141.jpg
    Pictures from my camera 141.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 114

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
B1-B Pic...

It always amazes me how big the B1 is. When I was at HMH-769 @ Edwards AFB in 99, we had our line shack away from the hangar in a little trailer. Since we were at the end of the 22R, we were use to hearing all sorts of different sounds of aircraft taking off. One day, we are enjoying the nice cold air conditioning when we hear this low rumble that just keeps getting louder and louder. Pretty soon, pictures start falling off the wall and papers jostling all over the desks. We all run outside, at which point the sound is deafening, only to see this B1 come skimming down the runway at 100' then go straight vertical right by our shack. Simply AMAZING! :eek:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
It always amazes me how big the B1 is. When I was at HMH-769 @ Edwards AFB in 99, we had our line shack away from the hangar in a little trailer. Since we were at the end of the 22R, we were use to hearing all sorts of different sounds of aircraft taking off. One day, we are enjoying the nice cold air conditioning when we hear this low rumble that just keeps getting louder and louder. Pretty soon, pictures start falling off the wall and papers jostling all over the desks. We all run outside, at which point the sound is deafening, only to see this B1 come skimming down the runway at 100' then go straight vertical right by our shack. Simply AMAZING! :eek:

Awesome! The Bone is one of the coolest a/c in the inventory IMHO, always a showstopper at any place I have ever seen it. Seeing the a/c they have out there @ Edwards would probably almost make the ridiculous isolation (or lone highway drive to work if you didn't live on base) worth it :p

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It always amazes me how big the B1 is.

I got to climb in one when I was at Nellis years ago and I agree...until you get inside. How can something so big on the outside have such a small cockpit/crewstations. It just seemed like sitting in their would be very unpleasant if you weren't one of the pilots thanks to the complete lack of visibility.

GroundPounder

B1's used to fly over us at around 500 ft right at 600 + / - , without a doubt the loudest sound tha I've ever heard that didn't involve an explosion. You can feel the sound from the inside of your body radiating outward.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Pictures from 1986 USS Forrestal Med cruise.
HS15 SH3
HS15.jpg

VA176 A6E
scan0003.jpg

A3D a bit of Whale love here.
scan0002.jpg

exhelodrvr

pilot
What's the black box on the port side of the H-3?

We could carry chaff or flares there, but that is not what the dispensers looked like that I flew with (same time frame).

I'm guessing it is some kind of EW system. They fiddled around with several of those on the H-3 to use as decoys for various cruise missiles (very comforting mission to fly); the ones I flew with were internal (at the cabin door) but this may be an external one.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gotcha. That same tactic lived on for a while (and may still now, but I don't remember).

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 5 Dec 2008

VF126TA4.jpg

VF-126 TA-4J in W-291 off San Diego, circa early '80s

Status
Not open for further replies.