• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Coming home over North Shore from PMRF.

Attachments

• Sunrays.Kualau.JPG
    Sunrays.Kualau.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 87

Renegade One

None
V F-111 Circa 1972

VF-111_Circa_1972.jpg

Not sure if this will display or not...I hear Photobucket has problems here? but actually a VF-111 group shot from 1972. We tried hard to look "vintage".

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
VF-111_Circa_1972.jpg

Not sure if this will display or not...I hear Photobucket has problems here? but actually a VF-111 group shot from 1972. We tried hard to look "vintage".

I dig the combo cover. Quick question -- and I'm not sure if it belongs in the Stupid Questions Thread or not but -- does the Navy allow the "100 Mission Crush" a la the fabled "Aviation Dip" in the pisscutter?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dig the combo cover. Quick question -- and I'm not sure if it belongs in the Stupid Questions Thread or not but -- does the Navy allow the "100 Mission Crush" a la the fabled "Aviation Dip" in the pisscutter?
No. And points off for even considering wearing the Shoe Cap in Khakis . . . regardless of the era you're trying to emulate!:icon_tong

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 10 July 2008

f4ua4f4.jpg

The first squadron designated VF-301 had been equipped with the F4U Corsair in WW II. One of the guys in the squadron knew a man who owned one, so one drill weekend we put up five F-4S Phantoms, a VC-13 photo bird (with a Chief PhotoMate on board) and did a photo hop over San Diego.

Renegade One

None
Too bad the 70s haircuts and handlebar moustaches give you all way...

Either way, it's a pretty awesome shot. Where did you guys find the Hellcat for the photo??

What can I saw about the hair, etc.? It was the Zumwalt era...

The Hellcat sat for many, many years on the transient line just outside of Air Ops at Miramar. Went through several different paint jobs during that time. Not sure what ever happened to it...maybe "Old RO" would know? Probably in a museum somewhere.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 11 July 2008

301CO_LL.jpg

VF-301 Skipper's bird on a low-level over a SoCal desert, circa 1986.

With this, the Old R.O. Pic of the Day goes on hiatus (Hiatus? They *loved* us!)...
Have to take Ms. R.O. (can't call her "old"... even though she _did_ rob the cradle back in the '70s...) to Canada in the R.V. (the winter home) for a couple or three weeks. Will be checking in and maybe putting a pic or so up, but not every day.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Turbo Shark

T-34C assigned to Strike Fighter Weapons School Atlantic bares it teeth

Sharkface.jpg

HJ Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.