• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I'd like to see a P-3 painted like a Neptune or even a PBY.

I floated up a paint scheme that one of our airframers designed. It made it to the wing, where someone said, "This is gonna add about 2,000 pounds to the plane! No way."

"VP: celebrating 100 years of pissing in your wheaties."

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Why don't we just paint one of the VP-30 UII birds that are stripped inside. Those things are super light so any paint added won't be a problem.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Why don't we just paint one of the VP-30 UII birds that are stripped inside. Those things are super light so any paint added won't be a problem.

You're trying to impart logic to this situation. This will probably be met with failure.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
AT6-C1.jpg

Light-attack aircraft
Maj. Jesse Smith exits a Hawker Beechcraft AT-6C after testing the light-attack aircraft's ability to perform a combat search and rescue mission Oct. 7, 2010, at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz. Major Smith is one of several pilots invited by the Air National Guard Air Force Reserve Command Test Center to fly the experimental airplane this month and provide recommendations for improving its capability. Major Smith is an A-10 pilot from the 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. (U.S. Air Force photo/Maj. Gabe Johnson)

AT6C2.jpg

AT6-C3.jpg

Light-attack aircraft
A Hawker Beechcraft AT-6C, modified for various light-attack missions, releases flares during an operational test Oct. 5, 2010, over the Southern Arizona desert. It was the first time flare buckets, or aircraft survivability equipment, were mounted onto the airplane and fully integrated with the control system on board. A team of pilots and engineers certified that the airplane could separate the flares correctly while learning if the modification would have adverse effects on the airplane's handling. (U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Dave Neve)

RotorHead04

Patch Mafia
pilot
Are you talking about these bad boys? Seem higher than even the m299's clearance.

Those do have better clearance than the -299s ... I didn't realize that the 20 mm was going on the wing ... I had heard some talk of a low hanging mount much like the MTS. I could never really wrap my head around where it would actually mount to, though. The wings make a lot of sense.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here are few recent sightings from a recent trip:
dscn0036m.jpg

B-17 in Asheville, NC
dscn0027f.jpg

B-17 Nose Art
dscn0030y.jpg

CH-47 in Asheville, NC
dscn0040a.jpg

F-14 in Harrisburg, PA...soon to be on a stick somewhere in PA
dscn0039b.jpg

Another shot of the F-14

-ea6bflyr ;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Here are few recent sightings from a recent trip:
dscn0036m.jpg

B-17 in Asheville, NC

We were bouncing up there when that B-17 was flying in. It was pretty sweet to hear "you're number 2...that traffic you're following is a B-17 on 2 mile final"

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
So Osprey drivers, what is your minimum altitude before the props hit the ground?

Google-fu + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell-Boeing_V-22_Osprey = the rotor diameter is 38 ft, so length of the blade is around 19 ft (not accounting for the hub). I guess that puts the min-altitude around 20ft for full foward flight.

*DISCLAIMER* I used wikipedia, I'm nowhere near an informed party about the Osprey*DISCLAIMER*

Status
Not open for further replies.