• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
Mexican NAVY Hawkeyes,
They received 3 from the Israelis, BUNOS???
haweye03.jpg

Attachments

• 718022.jpg
    718022.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 78

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What was the issue with the mishaps - aircraft design or just "new" to the fleet?
Various causes: Engine failure, fuel contamination, crashed coming aboard ship. The one I am somewhat familiar with, the cause was never determined for sure. Just lost at sea.

But with so many fatalities in so short a period of time, they were grounded.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What was the issue with the mishaps - aircraft design or just "new" to the fleet?
When we - USS MIDWAY were, much to our surprise, suddenly assigned a C-1A Buno 146036 just prior to our April 1971 deployment, we were told we would be required to assume a major role in our COD support while at sea, with minimal services from the C-1 VR Det. at NAS Cubi Pt. while "on the line". The reason given, was that the entire (new) C-1A fleet had been grounded indefinitely while problems in the propeller systems were investigated and reengineered. I do not think the E-2 was involved with the problems/mass grounding. That recollection from 40+ years past.:confused:
BzB

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Various causes: Engine failure, fuel contamination, crashed coming aboard ship. The one I am somewhat familiar with, the cause was never determined for sure. Just lost at sea.

But with so many fatalities in so short a period of time, they were grounded.

When we - USS MIDWAY were, much to our surprise, suddenly assigned a C-1A Buno 146036 just prior to our April 1971 deployment, we were told we would be required to assume a major role in our COD support while at sea, with minimal services from the C-1 VR Det. at NAS Cubi Pt. while "on the line". The reason given, was that the entire (new) C-1A fleet had been grounded indefinitely while problems in the propeller systems were investigated and reengineered. I do not think the E-2 was involved with the problems/mass grounding. That recollection from 40+ years past.:confused:
BzB

Thank you gentlemen for the information!

Slingblade

Huge Member
pilot
Logging Red Time for the first time. Crossing Kuwait/Iraq border.
PA120131.jpg

TQ, Iraq
PlaquePicture-1.jpg

Sahl Sinjar, Iraq
SSFL.jpg

HORNETANDCOBRA.jpg

Bell Products at a FARP in Iraq
AttheFuelPits.jpg

Afghanistan
HELMAND.jpg

WARBIRD04.jpg

Status