• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My old Floyd Bennett Night Formation Break Sea Story as an SNA:
http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...exotic-places-youve-landed.22618/#post-347016

Many years later as a commercial pilot flying out of JFK, we often used the Canarsi Climb Departure flying directly over what's left of the old FB Field. Every time, my mind went back to that night of our gaggle. Sometimes I would tell the story to my F/O. But usually I just kept it to myself. One had to be there to appreciate it.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure... here ya go. This is my buddy Derf performing a very detailed pre-flight inspection on a VA-44 Skyhawk (hangar 67).:)
Yo Shoe, does Derf ever check in with you occasionally? I see ol' AD 427 settin' in the background. I just found another photo of us & 427, just before leaving Roosy Roads on transit through the Bermuda Triangle:eek: to Cecil in summer '69!;)
Dad (L) VA-44 Rosy Rds 1969.jpgRosy Roads1.jpgva44a.gif
*BzB on far left standing & ready to taxi.
BzB

brownshoe

Contributor
Yo Shoe, does Derf ever check in with you occasionally? I see ol' AD 427 settin' in the background. I just found another photo of us & 427, just before leaving Roosy Roads on transit through the Bermuda Triangle:eek: to Cecil in summer '69!;)
View attachment 12095View attachment 12097View attachment 12096
*BzB on far left standing & ready to taxi.
BzB

Yup! Derf, Walt and I do stay in touch, just had a “flurry” of emails a few weeks ago. Both are doing great (the old farts', oh wait!).

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
39304_10200713938468948_396602759_n.jpg

Not My Photo, but... saw two tan bad boys like this landing in a field today. Maneuvered my formation around to take a look, and the Ruskie's took off right towards us... neat stuff to see!

This may belong in the stupid questions thread, but what are the "balls" above the cockpit? I see them on a lot of different Russian helos.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This may belong in the stupid questions thread, but what are the "balls" above the cockpit? I see them on a lot of different Russian helos.

(Wait for it...)

I think it's a male plane.

Ithinkitsamailplane.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.