• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
8186698558_32cf97a959_b.jpg

Or a DC-10 under a bridge....

jjryan07

Iron Eagle
6080121509_142aea11ce_b.jpg

just amazing and sad... my dad, a ww2 vet and most of his generation had no idea. i think it was the mid '60's when the first warnings started showing up.

Along the same lines, Tour de France in the 20s... These were athletes actually participating in the pinnacle event of their sport.

smoking-tour-de-france-cyclists-bikers.jpg

Renegade One

None
Nicotine is an analgesic, after all.

"Relax...have a cigar!" [Notable Spruance Hall Naval War College seminar quote concerning military medicine during the Civil War...but you had to be there...];)

Yankee Uniform Tango
for the 'truder dudes

With additional ordnance pylons, more powerful engines, new radars and digital avionics. Three pre-production prototypes built at a cost of $220 million each in 1987. The third aircraft was flown for a total of 2 1/2 hours before the program was canceled.

I think the a-6f was actually intended to be an operational weapon system test bed for the A-12 system, 'stealthy power projection'.
8159102482_8a6c82a71d_c.jpg

One of the three is now at the Grumman museum in Long Island, NY. Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25695066@N00/3638102487/in/photostream/

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
What's funny is that every time I see one of these "old" jets, their BuNos are still younger than any P-3 I've flown. Funny in a tragic way.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
i think the last p-3 was delivered in 1990, about the time the a-6f's were being evaluated at calverton , ny.

as an aside, there is one b-52 that was flown by a grandfather, son and grandson.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I saw the B-17 as it landed & later thought I saw an HU-16 (Albatross) headed 18o over the bay. Was there an event at the Pensacola Airport yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.